Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)

Article about: Does anybody have any knowledge on Kriegsmarine binoculars? I have recently obtained these. They were originally left and found at Batterie Lothringen in Jersey at the end of the war. Any in

Default Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)

Does anybody have any knowledge on Kriegsmarine binoculars?
    I have recently obtained these. They were originally left and found at Batterie Lothringen in Jersey at the end of the war.
    Any information on the numbers would be much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)   Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  

Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)   Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  

Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)   Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)
    P
    Many

Here are my other set which are also 7 X 50 but a different size.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)   Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  

?

Thumbs up

Outstanding pr of binos! I have never seen any marked like the small pr and I have collected binos for 40+ yrs (currently have at least 8 or 10 different).
    Sarge

The second pair are made by Leitz for the Artillery. A very fine pair favored by the U-boat men in particular. The case they are in, however, looks to be for a pair of Hensoldt binos.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi William,
    Thanks for that. I think they are in the original case as found. I have attached a couple of pics as it is also marked beh. It also still has the spare red and blue filter lenses inside the little pockets on each side of the lid. Do you know what they are for?

The colored lenses are for various light conditions-low light,etc., even night time. The case for the Leitz glasses is unusually deep for a 7x50. I wonder what the reason for that could have been.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Sarge,
    Thanks for the reply. I have recently obtained these. They were originally left and found at Batterie Lothringen in Jersey at the end of the war. I believe they are Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery. The first set is Anti Aircraft Flak and the second Coastal Artillery. Do you know anything about the numbers? Here are some nice images of the Batterie which is only 2 miles from where I live.

Hi William,
    I think it must just be the way it appears in the first photo as they fit perfectly. There is a space in the tall lid that appears to have something missing. Any idea what that is?

The two clips accomadate rubber eye cups, 99.9 sets you will see will be missing them , lanyard can also be stored here, the filters are a ncie find for this set and case. very nice example of binocular and case.
    The gas mask set is really nice, both are top notch items.

Very nice items, I know Batterie Lothringen quite well at Noirmont Point, have visited many times
    Do you have many items relayed to the occupation ?

Cheers

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast