Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)

Article about: Does anybody have any knowledge on Kriegsmarine binoculars? I have recently obtained these. They were originally left and found at Batterie Lothringen in Jersey at the end of the war. Any in

That picture just proves my point !

Take a closer look.....

In fact, the more I look at them, the whole of the markings look dodgy and poor and suspect

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)
    P
    Many

If you look at more than a couple of binocular markings, you'll see many small variations. But, I have no dog in this fight, so to speak, so if you're not comfortable with them, by all means return them. Problem solved.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If you look at more than a couple of binocular markings, you'll see many small variations. But, I have no dog in this fight, so to speak, so if you're not comfortable with them, by all means return them. Problem solved.
    No fight here sorry. Just my opinion,but all the markings on these look poor. Need to look closely. Not on a phone or anything

Maybe ask JERSEY34 Damien to look at them, I am sure he has at least 50 pairs to compare with

This is very interesting as I have looked a few more samples now and they all appear to be slightly different. Were they all individually hand engraved or stamped? Also the markings around the eye pieces look exactly the same standard and colour.

Quote by Happy Harry View Post
    This is very interesting as I have looked a few more samples now and they all appear to be slightly different. Were they all individually hand engraved or stamped? Also the markings around the eye pieces look exactly the same standard and colour.
    Harry
    Drop Damien a PM, JERSEY34, I am certain he will have a definitive opinion, I am sure he must have many sets in his collection to compare

Cheers

OK cheers.

Hi I have been collecting ww2 german optics for the past 25 years or more,your binos are perfectly good, and should be coated,to answer a couple of questions,zeiss only had two eagle variants,they for some reason brought out a smaller one for a short period of time in 1944 and only on a certain bino,there have been some fake engravings turning up on binos but luckily so far the fakers seem to not understand that 1 not all german binos had eagles and 2 there is a direct correlation between the numbers,model,and serial numbers, i.e. a 1944 blc marked, naval coated 7x50 would not have had an eagle,so if it does its a fake engraving.the case as well on your photo is original and made for this model,however looking at the eye cups,they maybe a replacement as most of these early models had brown Bakelite not black,although a few did.

Thanks for your input guys it is much appreciated. Yes the eye cups appear to have one black and one brown. I assumed the brown one was a replacement but it must be the other way round.

Quote by Flak bunker View Post
    Hi I have been collecting ww2 german optics for the past 25 years or more,your binos are perfectly good, and should be coated,to answer a couple of questions,zeiss only had two eagle variants,they for some reason brought out a smaller one for a short period of time in 1944 and only on a certain bino,there have been some fake engravings turning up on binos but luckily so far the fakers seem to not understand that 1 not all german binos had eagles and 2 there is a direct correlation between the numbers,model,and serial numbers, i.e. a 1944 blc marked, naval coated 7x50 would not have had an eagle,so if it does its a fake engraving.the case as well on your photo is original and made for this model,however looking at the eye cups,they maybe a replacement as most of these early models had brown Bakelite not black,although a few did.
    Be good to see some of your examples to compare the engraving. To my eyes, the engraving is sloppy and I cant find a similar example on the net

Cheers

I would have thought that unlike say a printed Q helmet decal that will all be exactly the same, these eagles will be very similar but not exactly the same as they were all hand engraved by individuals. They will of course be a certain style. Here are a few Ziess style ones that I found on the web that all appear very slightly different to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste)  Kriegsmarine binoculars 7 X 50 Flak (Kuste) 

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast