Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine Clock from M-Class Minesweeper

Article about: I have just picked up this KM clock that was removed from a M-Class Minesweeper in St Helier Harbour, Jersey, just after Liberation on 9th May 1945. Does anybody have any knowledge of these?

?

Thumbs up

Quote by Hut27 View Post
    Pity Sweep-Second hand Missing.
    I had one put on it.
    Sarge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Clock from M-Class Minesweeper
    P
    Many

?

Well done getting replacement hand on nice clock. An older guy than me at 79 is in his 90s and was involved in the scrapping of the Surrendered WW2 U-boats in Ireland. They had a list of things to remove from Sub's before they were scrapped or sunk for target practice. Ships Bells and Clocks were not on the list, so the Royal Navy lads sold them down the Pub for beer money. He told me they got more for a Ship's Bell than they did for the Clocks.

Does anybody know of any spares for sale for these clocks? I would like an escape wheel with pin.

Smile Workings of Kriegsmarine Clock

Here is the inside of the clock after a service & clean and it is all working perfectly now. The ticking is music to my ears as it has not run since 1945. The numbers 10556 match the numbers on the back of the outer case and key opener which must be the batch number. Can anybody tell me what the number on the clock face stands for?

The trouble is I have hung the clock on the wall in my office but I am not getting any work done as I keep looking at the time!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Clock from M-Class Minesweeper   Kriegsmarine Clock from M-Class Minesweeper  

Kriegsmarine Clock from M-Class Minesweeper   Kriegsmarine Clock from M-Class Minesweeper  

Kriegsmarine Clock from M-Class Minesweeper   Kriegsmarine Clock from M-Class Minesweeper  

Yes it does but needed a service.

Harry did you find someone who had spares for these clocks as i need a couple of parts also ?

No I did not need any in the end as it was all ok but just needed a good clean etc. Good luck finding the spares and if you do please let me know.
    Cheers.

Quote by Happy Harry View Post
    I have just picked up this KM clock that was removed from a M-Class Minesweeper in St Helier Harbour, Jersey, just after Liberation on 9th May 1945.
    Does anybody have any knowledge of these?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Sorry mate, can't help with more knowledge than you got but it's a wonderful piece !!!!! Congrats !

?

hi,
    the hands and the dial are not too difficult to disassemble?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2