Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Compass

Article about: Hi, I am new to this forum. I recently bought this compass. Can anyone give me his views about it please?, I think it belonged to a schnellboot, but any further comments will be highly appre

Smile Kriegsmarine Compass

Hi, I am new to this forum. I recently bought this compass. Can anyone give me his views about it please?, I think it belonged to a schnellboot, but any further comments will be highly appreciated, Best Regards and many thanks, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Compass   Kriegsmarine Compass  

Kriegsmarine Compass   Kriegsmarine Compass  

Kriegsmarine Compass  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Compass
    P
    Many

you are correct,it is Kreigsmarine but from what?hard to tell.

I was told that it belonged to an E boat, but not 100% sure

Hello there, I know you are new to the forum but please read the different forum threads, what has a compass got to do with belt buckles? I will move thread to a more suitable sub forum
    Ben

Hi there, Apologies, sorry about this, will pay more attention next time, best regards, Juan
    Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Hello there, I know you are new to the forum but please read the different forum threads, what has a compass got to do with belt buckles? I will move thread to a more suitable sub forum

Hi, posted this thread a few weeks ago, does anyone else know anything about this compass?, appreciate your comments, best regards, Juan

Hi guys, I have been going some old threads I entered. Wanted to share with you my compass. I have been able to find out more about it. It was rescued by a family at Bordeaux s Naval base. I think this is a compass that once belonged to a Schnellboot (E boat), hope you like it, Regards, Juan

Personally, I cannot imagine each kind of craft having it's own style of binnacle. I would think that such things are pretty much generic. E-Boat, U-Boat, etc.....could even be in a life boat. Either way, it's a very nice item and certainly a good collectable piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William, I guess you are right, but been checking out and found this link, very similar to mine

schnelboot kompasstand restoration - Germany: Third Reich: Uniforms, Headwear, Insignia & Equipment - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Personally, I cannot imagine each kind of craft having it's own style of binnacle. I would think that such things are pretty much generic. E-Boat, U-Boat, etc.....could even be in a life boat. Either way, it's a very nice item and certainly a good collectable piece.