Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine or Luftwaffe "Schwimmveste"?

Article about: Hi, I'd like to know something about this "Schwimmveste". I have read on this forum that someone has called it mod. 44. Is it possible to know something more? It was created for Kr

Default Kriegsmarine or Luftwaffe "Schwimmveste"?

Hi,
    I'd like to know something about this "Schwimmveste". I have read on this forum that someone has called it mod. 44.
    Is it possible to know something more? It was created for Kriegsmarine or Luftwaffe crew? Is it correct to speak like mod.44? In which year it entered service?
    And again ... why can not I see old pictures of this "Schwimmveste"?

On he website "The Historic flying clothing company" I found this info:

"Luftwaffe Marked Kriegsmarine Schwimmweste
    Manufactured in drab yellow rubberised cotton canvas with twin inflatable lobes to the front interconnected with an inflatable horseshoe neck section. Simple canvas webbing waist and back straps. CO2 inflation cylinder to lower right lobe and oral inflation tubes for emergency back-up/top-up. Overall condition is reasonably good. The material is good and flexible although a bit grubby. It has a few small tears including one where the front lobes connect with the collar and a period patch to the front. The back strap has some fraying and the lower attachment point for this has significant fraying and the 2 metal rings are corroded. The waist belt and metal adjusters are good. The inflation cylinder is very good and retains much of its original paintwork. This is dated 7-44. The main inflation tube is quite good but the collar tube is severed close to the exit point. There are some slightly unclear markings \'GBR\'? and a serial number and 1938 (?) date. Interstingly/unusually there is also a Luftwaffe acceptance stamp. Although a Kriegsmarine schwimmweste perhaps this might have been used by the Luftwaffe Air Sea Rescue Service (Seenotdienst) crews on their flying boats? Stock code MW16095.

So, I must think was born for Luftwaffe?

Please, can you answer to all my question... ops:

Thank you very much
    Partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine or Luftwaffe "Schwimmveste"?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine or Luftwaffe "Schwimmveste"?
    P
    Many