Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Late war setup

Article about: Hey J-P Nice setup !!! and indeed without the webbing cover I'm gonna check it out tomorrow when I'm home if everything is correct..... Merci bien Tom

Well, not the fact that foreign equipment was used puzzles me, but the variety of spades....

Here a few of mine

from what I now now:

left to right

1 - Pre war polish spade (with post war cover i was informed)

2 - I was told this was a pre war polish, but I don't know anymore

3 & 4 austrian / czech spades

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late war setup
    P
    Many

Nice shovels Tom these things do get complicated I think we know more than we did years ago. I will have to try and find the Ospery book on this. timothy

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    Nice shovels Tom these things do get complicated I think we know more than we did years ago. I will have to try and find the Ospery book on this. timothy
    Well worth tracking it down Tim.

I have quite a few of the Osprey series of books "on the shelf" and can thoroughly recommend them, whether as basic reference books or, if you make models like I do, great books for ideas for figures and vehicles.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

PS: I should have recognised the original pic' in posting #1 as I have a copy of the book! Dohhh!!

Many thanks on the Ospery 234 German equipment that is one I was unaware of looked on Amazon some of them looked familiar and I have had some of the titles ordered 234 one last night. timothy

This would fit better for late war

That's a nice mid to late war cover there Rene those ain't cheap. I ain't having any luck on them may have to go with a repo one but those darn things are fifty bucks. timothy

That's a nice mid to late war cover there Rene those ain't cheap. I ain't having any luck on them may have to go with a repo one but those darn things are fifty bucks. timothy
    Cheers Mate this one is 43 and I paid lots for it 18 years ago!!!!!

Hi René

Yes these are expensive !! and indeed, they would do for late war very well of course... I just wanted to reprouce the picture from the late war setup from the book.....

here 2 of my tan ersatz covers, the left is 1944 , the right 1943

Tom

Hi Timothy, of course it's your money, but don't waste your money on repro's...... better save up for a year (or 2) and buy an original !!

Unless you are going to re-enact, then don't use originals !!

Tom

Hello,
    To Tom and other members interested in fieldgear, another set up from Osprey 234, but with the right shovel cover, not the postwar french canvas example seen in the book...(sometimes offered as the ultra rare DAK locally made canvas cover with german canvas, italian straps and british buckles or vice versa)...Sorry for the poor lighting and unpainted shovel (the shovel is tan painted in the book).
    Dont forget to click on the photo...
    Thanks

Late war setup

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast