Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lederrieman für Fernsprechtornister

Article about: Hi folks, There were many kinds of straps and belts in use with the Wehrmacht. Here is one you don't see often - if at all. This a short leather strap for the Fernsprechtornister. Two of the

Default Lederrieman für Fernsprechtornister

Hi folks, There were many kinds of straps and belts in use with the Wehrmacht. Here is one you don't see often - if at all. This a short leather strap for the Fernsprechtornister. Two of these were used to attach the cabling poles to the Tornister. Note they are quite short - less than 12 inches or about 30 centimeters. It is marked gxy 1941. There is also a symbol in an octagon BA 1919 - is that correct? Period photo shows how the poles were attached to the Tornister. NH

Lederrieman für FernsprechtornisterLederrieman für Fernsprechtornister

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lederrieman für Fernsprechtornister
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It is a seldom seen piece of equipment, congrats for its condition and thanks for sharing.
    If i'm not mistaking, the markings BA in the small octogon indicates a Luftwaffe item.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks! It is in superb condition. I will post photos of the pack itself. I intend to have these straps reproduced to complete my other packs. NH

I often wonder why the roller buckle was used on some items and not others.....
    these straps, zelt straps, feldflasches but NOT helmets or gamaschens......it was a better friction-less system that did not stress the leather as much as non-roller buckles...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

And now for some photos of the near mint example of the Fernsprechtornister that has the two original straps. I purchased this from Howard Kelley (History Under Glass). A great deal and worth every penny. Note that this example has the shelf unit, an often missing part. The straps were an added bonus and something I have sought for years. I have a mint set of shoulder straps and will add those to this example. NH

Lederrieman für FernsprechtornisterLederrieman für FernsprechtornisterLederrieman für FernsprechtornisterLederrieman für Fernsprechtornister

This set of Lederriemen will go with the Tornister. Manufactured by the same company - Gebruder Klinge. NH