Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for more info on Benzinlampen crate.

Article about: I have a crate that my uncle used to ship something back to his wife in the United States. I recently discovered some markings on it, and am seeking more information about it. It has been pa

Gordo
    ?

Default Looking for more info on Benzinlampen crate.

I have a crate that my uncle used to ship something back to his wife in the United States. I recently discovered some markings on it, and am seeking more information about it.

It has been painted over, so it is very difficult to read the markings.

On the top of the box is the word "Benzinlampen" which I believe means Gas Lantern.

On the lower left side of the box there are letters and numbers that are difficult to make out. I believe they are "FoL" followed by either "41" or "44". I could be wrong on the "FoL" though.

After that is a Reichsadler with Waffenamt code. The WaA code appears to be three numbers long, and it definitely begins with a 7. The 2nd digit is possibly a 0. And the third number is possibly either a 6 or 8. 706, 708???

The box is about 15" square on all sides, and has two perfect circles on the inside bottom.

If anyone has any further information or pictures of what was contained, or where it was made, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Gordo

2. # ADS