Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Lucky find in the antique store

Article about: What was the price of the SA dagger?

Default Re: Lucky find in the antique store

Good one Corey - and another ordnance tan item for Volksjagers thread!

Cheers, Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lucky find in the antique store
    P
    Many

Yay!

?

Although I dont have the ability to post piccys, I found a very nice pair of Tan 6x30 Voightlander binos in a charity shop, the optics are terrific, clear as day, adjustable for either eye, all for the princely sum of £4.00

Great score man! I don't know anything about optics but they are impressive for sure.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Although I dont have the ability to post piccys, I found a very nice pair of Tan 6x30 Voightlander binos in a charity shop, the optics are terrific, clear as day, adjustable for either eye, all for the princely sum of £4.00
    I need to start hitting Oxfam! I think I might give my card to a few charity shops in case they get militaria.

Why dont the charity shops here have deals like that! well done Dave!

How sweet it is, aint it?! Antique stores are hit or miss. Sometimes you run into a display where a dealer, who obviously doesnt deal in TR items, might have one or two items from buying an estate and they just slap a price on the items and you get a good deal. Good score and very good observations finding something hidden among other things.

Nice find and story
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

To be honest ive found that the charity shops have wised up, they either go online or have someone come in , take whatever the militaria is and either buy it straight away or send it for auction, which in my opinion defeats the idea of a donation given freely and having someone , normally a relative of the shop workers, come in and get first pickings. ive tried every shop in my area to leave my details but the answer is always the same, we have an "expert" come in. One of the shops i go in has a woman there whos husband runs a local militaria auction every month so you can imagine where all the good stuff goes

To be honest ive found that the charity shops have wised up, they either go online or have someone come in , take whatever the militaria is and either buy it straight away or send it for auction, which in my opinion defeats the idea of a donation given freely and having someone , normally a relative of the shop workers, come in and get first pickings. ive tried every shop in my area to leave my details but the answer is always the same, we have an "expert" come in. One of the shops i go in has a woman there whos husband runs a local militaria auction every month so you can imagine where all the good stuff goes
    i've had to add and agree what dave has stated,technically this is a form of stealing,i know it depends on your view,but if broken down its plain old greed this is too good for the till in the charity shop,its far better off being sold for top dollar in my hubbys shop then thats our holiday taken care of,but if lets say 50% went back in the oxfam till then that would,nt be half as bad,but somehow pure greed seems to motivate the vast majority of the human race,and yes its the same here with regards of the shops having been paid a little visit by the man from the auction house,maybe i will find a shop that has,nt been mullered,dave

Those are outstanding Binos, Corey. And you did indeed steal them.

I've had good luck here in CA finding binos for great prices at antique stores. A nice pair of USN Westinghouse 7x50s for $25 and a pair of folding Zeiss opera glasses in the leather case for $10.

Just gotta sniff out those deals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast