Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Lucky find in the antique store

Article about: What was the price of the SA dagger?

?

Default Re: Lucky find in the antique store

What was the price of the SA dagger?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lucky find in the antique store
    P
    Many

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post
    What was the price of the SA dagger?
    Hey sorry, it was 730 USD. Just click the picture.

Like Bud ekins said "If ya paid to much , then ya bought it to soon "!
    anything old and cool will always go up in value

Nice find indeed Corey
    but by carefully reading your first post I wouldn't call buying that helmet "being ripped" off...they were selling a common,un-complete helmet worth US$200 for twice the price and since you didn't know what it was and your experience in WW2 German Militaria collecting was very limited you just made a mistake common to many collectors when they first start collecting.. call it a sort of "baptism of fire"!You've only learnt the lesson the hard way...but surely not the hardest!
    You got them back anyway...and you'd be happy with that beautiful set!
    Don't use The Collector's Guild or other dealers' selling prices as a "price guide" though,for many dealers apply % on the seller's and buyer's ends and 99% of items are on consignment.Peter,of The Collector's Guild's fame charge a 14% and a 19% on the seller's and buyer's ends respectively,and so do all the others,excepting a few who charge the % on the buyer or the seller only.
    For example,if you'd buy an item selling on the CG for ,say,US$ 2700 you'd pay a little more than US$ 2000 to its owner if you had the chance to know him/her.
    They do that for a living and I can't see nothing wrong in it...if not that in these days saving several hundred bucks wouldn't be that bad!
    Regards

Great bino's and bargain buys are still to be had and I have had a few over the last year (and before) as nearly every venue selling items does not know the value of everything they stock and the opposite is also true with items being overpriced. Knowledge is what is needed but we can't all know the value of everything we see and sometimes you go home, do the research and go back and if your lucky it is still there, whilst other times you have missed it. And sometimes you buy it and get home and find you paid too much, which I have also done.

Swings & roundabouts.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

When i was younger i always could find something for a very nice price. But the internet has ruined everything.

Congrats with your find.

The stuff is still out there waiting to be found. I have had several good finds this year, and all of them were well under their true value. But well done with your purchases!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3