Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftschutz Gasmaske

Article about: Hello gents Could someone please shed some light on this Luftschutz Gasmaske ? Not very familiar with the design of the mask (especially with the side respirator). Everything is marked 1939,

Default Luftschutz Gasmaske

Hello gents

Could someone please shed some light on this Luftschutz Gasmaske ? Not very familiar with the design of the mask (especially with the side respirator). Everything is marked 1939, including the spare lenses however the filter is 1943 (weird eh?). No markings on the mask itself or the container like the Heer ones which have a lot of `em. The locking mechanism on the can is unfamiliar also.

If you have some more info please do share.

Thanks a buch and have a great week-end

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz Gasmaske   Luftschutz Gasmaske  

Luftschutz Gasmaske   Luftschutz Gasmaske  

Luftschutz Gasmaske   Luftschutz Gasmaske  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz Gasmaske
    P
    Many

It looks like a Draeger gas mask with an Auergesellschaft AG, Berlin filter made for the Luftschutz gas mask model 30. The canister is correct for an early pattern GM30 also. This one looks like it was used by a Gendarmerie unit but I can't read the text on the cardboard label. Nice find.

BlackCat1982 thank you kindly for the info. I can read Gend. so Gendarmerie it is on the cardboard but will have to clean it a but with a soft toothbrush to see if we can read it better.

Anymore extra pictures or info is more than welcome. The locking mechanism on the canister I haven't seen with only the 3 dots there.

Whats your opinion ? Clean it or leave it as it is ?

Cheers

Don't touch the cardboard label with anything as a toothbrush might rub the text away. The mask can be wiped with a damp cloth but everything looks fine as it is. If you are able to make a better photograph of the cardboard label or scan it in high resolution it may be possible to read more. I'm assuming the pencil marking is the owners name.

The locking mechanism on the container dates it to circa 1935/36.

First line appears to read Gend. Kreis Lenberg

The pencil reads Schule (School) and Ru...

I will try tomorrow and take better photos with sunlight maybe we can read more.

P.S: Click on the thumbnail for a better resolution

Here are two better pictures of the cardboard.

The first line reads indeed Gend. Kreis Leonberg and the second one ends with a word "...erg".
    The pencil writing : Schule Renningen ? Hard to read the second word after Schule but appears to have R and nn.

Also I found some interesting information regarding this rare type of Gasmaske 200 here :

http://www.gasmasklexikon.com/Page/Germ-Civ.VM33.htm

I've heard of Renningen, but I don't know anything about a Gendarmerie connection. All in all you have a very interesting set of items. Thanks for posting them.

Dav
    ?

An interesting set of items for sure. The canister is the early war short variant, and in nice condition too. Usually luftschutz/civilian canisters are marked Auer and are of different design (Lid is much larger). The card however would suggest it was assembled liked this. I wouldn't do anything to it, at most a damp cloth but even for me I'd just leave it be.