Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe compass - Opinions please

Article about: A friend offer me this compass, I presumed it's a Luftwaffe original item, but I'm not sure. Please take me yours opinions and a value notion. Thanks,

R.R
    ?

Default Re: Luftwaffe compass - Opinions please

Quote by Pierre N View Post
    Tu peu faire un ( close up ) de la marque en arriere . Photo du détail de la marque SVP

Le voila Pierre, je ne trouve pas la marque en arriere.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe compass - Opinions please
    P
    Many

Merci ! il y a les meme inscriptions a l arriere que celui de Guild ,et tout les attaches de metal son identique! pour moi aucun doute sur l originalité ! a toi de faire un offre maintenant !

le numero AK39 doit etre le modele , le numero FI 23235-1 doit etre le numero de réquisition , et il y a le numero de serie gravé sur le plastic , semble etre : 3869191

R.R
    ?

le numero AK39 doit etre le modele , le numero FI 23235-1 doit etre le numero de réquisition , et il y a le numero de serie gravé sur le plastic , semble etre : 3869191

Mon exemplaire n'a pas le numero de serie.

celui que tu montre , je voie ce numero ! a opposé de AK39! c est clair gravé dans le plastic , la meme couleur que la vitre ( plastic )

tu ne le voie pas ?

me262
    ?

Hi R.R,
    I am a Luftwaffe’s aircraft instrument collector for many years so, here is my opinion.
    The answers above are all in French but since I can speak a word in French, I will tell you my opinion hoping that it’s not the same with the other members 
    Well, this is an original Armbandkompass Ak39 which was used by the Luftwaffe’s pilots during the WW2. They wore it on their arms or they attached it on their life vests. It has FL23235-1 which means that is the early version. The later version was the Ak39 FL23235-2 Kadlec which produced in Czech during 1944-1945.
    As I can see from the photos, it is original and the leather black straps as well. Get it, don’t leave it. The only problem I can see is the bubble. It should be much smaller. It should have the same diameter with the red circle on the front of the transparent Bakelite.
    The front and the back plates were made from transparent Bakelite and the housing which arrears on the side were made from black Bakelite.
    There were never written Wek. Nummer or Bauart. Only the later Kadlec version was this info typed on the back plate.
    Regards,
    Spyros

R.R
    ?

tu ne le voie pas ?

Oui je le trouve maintenant, c'est tres dificile de voir. Le numero est 3869191.

R.R
    ?

Quote by me262 View Post
    Hi R.R,
    I am a Luftwaffe’s aircraft instrument collector for many years so, here is my opinion.
    The answers above are all in French but since I can speak a word in French, I will tell you my opinion hoping that it’s not the same with the other members 
    Well, this is an original Armbandkompass Ak39 which was used by the Luftwaffe’s pilots during the WW2. They wore it on their arms or they attached it on their life vests. It has FL23235-1 which means that is the early version. The later version was the Ak39 FL23235-2 Kadlec which produced in Czech during 1944-1945.
    As I can see from the photos, it is original and the leather black straps as well. Get it, don’t leave it. The only problem I can see is the bubble. It should be much smaller. It should have the same diameter with the red circle on the front of the transparent Bakelite.
    The front and the back plates were made from transparent Bakelite and the housing which arrears on the side were made from black Bakelite.
    There were never written Wek. Nummer or Bauart. Only the later Kadlec version was this info typed on the back plate.
    Regards,
    Spyros
    Thanks Spyros

me262, Hi and Welcome to the forum ! Thank very much for explanation about the compass , very interesting !What is the real value for this model of compass ?? if you have a compass please post here for comparative!!

R.R, oui il est tres dur de le voir , surtout de face ( devant ) , je dois me pencher pour le voir ,

Pierre

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2