Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Double Barrell Flare Pistol

Article about: Luftwaffe double barrell DoppelSchloss flare pistol I have read where these were used for signaling aircraft. FZS is maker. timothy

Default Luftwaffe Double Barrell Flare Pistol

Luftwaffe double barrell DoppelSchloss flare pistol I have read where these were used for signaling aircraft. FZS is maker. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Double Barrell Flare Pistol   Luftwaffe Double Barrell Flare Pistol  

Luftwaffe Double Barrell Flare Pistol   Luftwaffe Double Barrell Flare Pistol  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Double Barrell Flare Pistol
    P
    Many

Very nice!

?

Very nice,in case you don`t already know,it`s an FG42 model made by fzs..Heinrich Krieghoff,Suhl.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Great looking flare gun. I was told these double barrel models were used by the Luftwaffe.
    Thanks for sharing this with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Default Luft double barrell

Thanks for your reply Guns LTD all the one I have seen were Luftwaffe proffed like this one there are some Navy double barrell ones plated chrome or something they are Kregimarine proffed eagle over M timothy

if I remember correct one of these was recovered from a JU88 in Portsmouth harbour years ago.

Yeah I imagine Harryamb2 these were carried aboard aircraft as well as the ground crews at the airfields. Used for signaling upon approach as a friendly aircraft. Of course other means also. timothy

Two barrels are used to fire the 'colours of the day', a form of recognition used to indicate an aircraft or ship is friendly. It consisted of two flares of varying colours fired one after the other. As suggested, these were changed daily, although the RAF often hoodwinked the Germans, due to the allies ability to read Ultra on a daily basis, into thinking they were 'friendly' aircraft.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for your imput big ned this was my understanding also in the book about the Luft pilot Lent called the Lent letters or something like that it talks about firing two flares coming in to airfield for recognization. timothy