Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?

Article about: Hi guys, today got this interesting "Sicherheitshandlampe". The FL number 56220 shows Luftwaffe origins. What was its purpose? I searched a lot, but did not find anything about it,

?

Default Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?

Hi guys, today got this interesting "Sicherheitshandlampe". The FL number 56220 shows Luftwaffe origins. What was its purpose? I searched a lot, but did not find anything about it, no a picture or information. It's larger than a flashlight, much more solid and probably more powerful. What was it used for? By the ground mechanics when working on the planes? Or just general use?
    The text is very well readable from the inside, I have turned the picture so it is readable.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?   Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?  

Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?   Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?

Hi Theo
    Very nice lamp. This is the sort of stuff I like to collect.Have not seen one like this before so hopefully somebody will help you find out its purpose. MY first impression is that its for maintenance.

Martin

?

Thank you Martin! And I forgot the back side. On the left is a regular Daimon 3-color, for size comparison.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?  

Hello,
    the text says : focal lamp with bulb....
    the maker is ezy : Dominitwerke, Grubenlampenwerke in Dortmund.
    Sorry if i can't help you more than this.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

I think it's a miners-lamp! Because it's produced bei Dominitwerke - and this firma produced miners-lamps!!
    The lamp has also a big hand!!! That's characteristik about miners-lamps!
    This is my opinion!
    Gruß, gend

PS: Sorry for my english

?

Probably the Dominitwerke produced mining lamps, as you say, but the presence of FL number means that it is military issue and especially for the Luftwaffe. I will not be surprised if the mining lamps are very similar to that lamp, but the text on this one makes all the difference, it is a Luftwaffe lamp.

?

Fl=Luftwaffe;OK!

?

Hi,

I've found this lamp recently and I'd need help to identify it.
    On the metal chassis front there is a BBO,on the back a Ges Gesch inscription.It is 23 cm high and 8 cm wide.
    It is very similar to the contemporary miners lamps but the difference is that it has a Wehrmacht Deutsche Reichsbahn sign on it.

Thank you for your help!

Fero
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?   Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?  

Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?  

beestang
    ?

Your lamp is missing a lense cap that diverts the light downward, (likely to prevent over head or wide range visibility). Within that cap there is an extra glass lense that is flat and non magnifying such as the one currently mounted on mine. I have the bulb for mine as well. I do not have correct batteries but would love to know if available anywhere. I have 2 photos to add to this thread but I am new and don't know how to add them.

beestang
    ?

Quote by beestang View Post
    Your lamp is missing a lense cap that diverts the light downward, (likely to prevent over head or wide range visibility). Within that cap there is an extra glass lense that is flat and non magnifying such as the one currently mounted on mine. I have the bulb for mine as well. I do not have correct batteries but would love to know if available anywhere. I have 2 photos to add to this thread but I am new and don't know how to add them.
    Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?Luftwaffe Hand Lamp?