Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe pilots cup

Article about: Just won this ww2 luftwaffe pilots cup online. Any opinions, are these cups common. What would you guys price this item at? Please comment

Default Re: Luftwaffe pilots cup

I am Sorry these alumminium cups are fakes that were done about 10 years ago there were alot on the market and also SS marked ones ,their original use was a pudding mold and someone with some stamps makes a £1 item what they cost at the time before stamping into a £20 and they couldnt even get the stamp lined up with the date on this one

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe pilots cup
    P
    Many

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    'Pilot's cup'.........?
    Sounds like some protective gear for a sporting event!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

As Kradman has said, its a badly made fake item. There were hundreds of these around 10 maybe longer years ago. They were nasty then and even worse now. Sorry to add to the bad news.

When I first read the post, I too thought I was
    going to see an Honour Goblet.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

hi , i got one of thease about 12 years ago , was told it was a bowl for shaving , with the brush you mix the soap in it to make a mousse ect , mine has the eagle ,badly stamped ,like yours but no date , it came from the owner of a war musieum in amblotus near boulougne who sold me some butter pots and war badges , found out years later thanks to thease forums , that thay were all fakes , what a sod as at the time i was a Young collecter , and he took advantage of me ( ripped me off )

Quote by kradman View Post
    I am Sorry these alumminium cups are fakes that were done about 10 years ago there were alot on the market and also SS marked ones ,their original use was a pudding mold....
    Mmmm......Chockerlit...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe pilots cup  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yeah I have seen these around for a lot longer than you think most mess hall cups I have seen have a luft eagle better than the one shown and FL stamped. I agree in one post a pilots cup or Goblet is shown as they were the ones given to pilots for honor. This is a item shown probably spiced up ordinary aluminum cup doesn't look right for mess hall. timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2