Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?

Article about: Sorry, that I made my first post here a bit confusing... - The first 5 photos os the box I wanted to get - has both rope-handles intact, paint looks good - but has NO black lettering on the

?

Sorry, that I made my first post here a bit confusing...

- The first 5 photos os the box I wanted to get - has both rope-handles intact, paint looks good - but has NO black lettering on the bottom left saying:
    "Luftwaffen - Munition
    Gesamtgew. kg"

The price: 54 EU

- The last 2 photos are of box from the same seller (he has 5 of these) with missing rope-handles, paint looks a bit worse BUT does have the lettering...

the price: 50 EU

Anyway, sorry for confusion...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffen Munitionskiste - original paint?
    P
    Many

Hi, Thank you for the explanation. I am now on the same hymn sheet as the rest of you!!! I would suggest that the lettering is of little consequence. If I wanted to repaint a wooden box in order to sell it as a LW Ammo case and went to the trouble of matching the original colour then I would have taken the logical step of getting a stencil and re lettered/numbered the box as per the original in black paint. Ergo, in my opinion, it would be desireable to see the paint detail but not world shattering for not to be there. If the box is original and the paint finish is original then personnaly, I would have no problems with it or the price. Only my opinion but it is based on what I considder to be logic.
    Cheers MR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2