Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Luger Holster

Article about: Gents, can you look at this holster and give any opinions as to originality. I think it is a good one but this is a new field for me so want to be sure. Cheers

Thanks again for the input, the site has a 14 days return policy so if I did get it and the pics proved bad it could easily go back, but I will probably look for another
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luger Holster
    P
    Many

?

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Doc is right. Simpson Ltd in Galesburg Ill has a lot to offer. It is about 1 1/2 hours streight east of me. In The Peoples Republic of Illinois. ( worst gun laws in the midwest). I have known him for over 30 years. Use to see him at gun shows a lot in the 70's and 80's selling his lugers. Couldn't miss him. He was the one smoking his Expensive imported Cigars. He kept his best prizes in his basement Museum. (Not for sale of course.) He use to have a black BMW with a License plate that said Luger 1 on it His wifes had luger 2. He once had a friend from Germany that lived with him for a while doing research and traslation of German documents for him. We all called him his live in Nazi. Great guy with a great since of humor. He made a comment to me once. "That most of the good lugers are here in the USA". I don't know if this is true or not. Well anyway his prices are at market value, so no bargins. But he has the stuff.
    Just my thoughts,
    John
    I found your blog very interesting as I in the past have bought a few things from Bob. As you say, honest, pricing fair,quality always as represented with no stories,helpful. knowledgeable and loved Lugers. I did buy my 1917 DWM 1st Navy from him some time ago and will post it in the future.Question- has anything happened to Bob as the site of recent has changed quite a bit as to showing new product, pictures, etc. My daughter also lives fairly close. Say Amen to one of the worst States regarding our continued losses in the states.

I dont like it.

?

The stitching strikes me as being off.

?

Larboard, the 41 holsters had the P O8 on the lateral back margins of the holsters, the makers stampings are correct, not all 41's are widows with Bakelite. I am sure the straps, and stitching have been redone. The bakelite grips are the result of material shortages and term Widow has nothing to do with new Model mystique. Incidently must be aware many of the Bakelite grips have been replicated as there had been run on these Widows a while back. Read up on originals before purchase. As far as inside black staining not a problem as many different guns, mags etc have found a life in that holster, it is highly unlikely this holster owns this 41 Luger. So as far as I'm concerned it is a War time 41 orginal Holster, however strongly suspicious as repair etc. Would look for another as not rare and fairly easy to find. Incidently lateral to the manufactors impression I believe there is the Nazi eagle proof with WaA66 stamped indicating a rework.

I don't know. I haven't talked to him in about 6 years. I live close and don't get over there. You almost need a passport to go to ILL anymore.
    John
    Quote by docf View Post
    I found your blog very interesting as I in the past have bought a few things from Bob. As you say, honest, pricing fair,quality always as represented with no stories,helpful. knowledgeable and loved Lugers. I did buy my 1917 DWM 1st Navy from him some time ago and will post it in the future.Question- has anything happened to Bob as the site of recent has changed quite a bit as to showing new product, pictures, etc. My daughter also lives fairly close. Say Amen to one of the worst States regarding our continued losses in the states.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by docf View Post
    Sorry If I were starting a collection I might suggest getting the most common Sneak Luger which was the DWM G date. Plenty around and collectable.
    They are not so common in the UK Doc, I have been looking at this one but for me I think it has been refurbished or reblued. Were the period lugers every black in colour?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger Holster   Luger Holster  

Luger Holster   Luger Holster  

Luger Holster   Luger Holster  

Luger Holster  
    Ben

?

The blueing doesn't appear correct nor does the strawing. The serials appear crisp as are proofs, but color for this yr is not right nor is the wear pattern. Another unusual feature is the DWM on the toggle and a G date on the breech as the purpose of the sneaks was to confuse, but this pattern of confusion did appear and was done of 35's at times. The mags of this era had solid alum.bases . This does not. What is the country of origin of that pistol? Can some finishes appear black-yes,but these were the last produced. I believe my 41 Black Widow is black. The straw colored parts should be, trigger, ejector , locking bolt, thumb safety lever and mag catch. After 38 there was no set pattern of colored parts. No straw on this pistol. Thus It is obvious this has been messed with.

Agreed-the wear on this pistol looks to show that it's had a re-bluing at some time or another.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ben I don't have much to add I had a similar one dated 41 years ago in brown leather I don't remember the maker mine didn't have that line under your maker and year but this could be a varation in makers just looking at it it looks ok. Don't know if this is much help. timothy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast