Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M-38 Gasmask Puzzle

Article about: OK, got a questions on this German M-38 Gasmask. Had this as a kid in the 70's and played with it in the backyard along with a sniper K98 (that some wise person decided to sporterize and chu

In fact I was talking about the paint on the mask, and on the cannister

The grey on the can, as well as the tan on the mask are both post war according to the theory....

the fact that you have a M38 mask with blue parts inside (which means they are magnetic) supports the theory, because these masks had to be painted blue on the outside as well ( or had to remain bare metal colour) as to identify them as magnetic masks.....

And, Dan, indeed one of the theories is that these were delivered to Egypt.....

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-38 Gasmask Puzzle
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by MP44tom View Post
    In fact I was talking about the paint on the mask, and on the cannister

The grey on the can, as well as the tan on the mask are both post war according to the theory....

the fact that you have a M38 mask with blue parts inside (which means they are magnetic) supports the theory, because these masks had to be painted blue on the outside as well ( or had to remain bare metal colour) as to identify them as magnetic masks.....

And, Dan, indeed one of the theories is that these were delivered to Egypt.....

Tom
    Tom,

Hmmmmmm, more info than my little brain can handle

But really, Thanks, this is great!

btw....here is link to a WRF thread for the "blue" version. Didn't see it before I posted mine.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...nnister-27555/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2