Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M31 breadbag, brotbeutel

Article about: Here’s a m31 brotbeutel. I had contacted fjm44 on his website and he informed that this was a Luftwaffe bread bag. I was curious about the markings on the inside flap. It looks like Flg. Hor

Talking M31 breadbag, brotbeutel

Here’s a m31 brotbeutel. I had contacted fjm44 on his website and he informed that this was a Luftwaffe bread bag. I was curious about the markings on the inside flap. It looks like Flg. Horstkompan, would that be a name of the person that used this? And I can’t make out the other stamp in the rectangle. I can see Esch. Maybe Eschweiler? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 breadbag, brotbeutel   M31 breadbag, brotbeutel  

M31 breadbag, brotbeutel   M31 breadbag, brotbeutel  

M31 breadbag, brotbeutel   M31 breadbag, brotbeutel  

M31 breadbag, brotbeutel  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 breadbag, brotbeutel
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Not the name of the person, rather the unit. Appears to me to be two unit property stamps.

Fliegerhorst Kompanie = air base company = staff that ran an air base.

The second one... my best guess is Fliegergruppe Eschweiler. Not sure about the "P". Could mean "Pfalz" but that doesn't really make sense as Eschweiler in der Pfalz is not the right name. Maybe it was in 1937. If I had more time I could research it, but perhaps it will give you something interesting to do and discover.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks Todd! I am new to this and don’t really know a lot about the German military abbreviations. However what you gave me was Very helpful. I searched for days trying to find the Esch. abbreviation and Eschweiler was all I could tie it too. Thanks again

MAP
    ?

This one certainly has character. At first I thought it was a Heer, until I saw it was blue on the inside.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by Pwdickens76 View Post
    Thanks Todd! I am new to this and don’t really know a lot about the German military abbreviations. However what you gave me was Very helpful. I searched for days trying to find the Esch. abbreviation and Eschweiler was all I could tie it too. Thanks again
    You are very welcome. I just did a quick check and there is still an airstrip very near Eschweiler, called Flugplatz Aachen-Merzbrück. Not exactly in Eschweiler, but close and it is right off Eschweiler Strasse.

Could conceivably be the same air strip. Google Maps
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by Pwdickens76 View Post
    It refers to Eschweiler Platt, a derivative of Eschweiler. Nice grubby original LW Brotbeutel!

Thanks Todd!! Thanks Blackcat! Yeah I think somebody must have used it heavily post war.

bread bag Luftwaffe,- ORIGINAL.

Thanks Skorpion!