Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M31 'Coco' Canteen

Article about: The DRPa is another version of the DRP ang mark but means the same thing.

Default Re: M31 'Coco' Canteen

The DRPa is another version of the DRP ang mark but means the same thing.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 'Coco' Canteen
    P
    Many

Quote:

The D.R.G.M. signifies "Deutsches Reichsgebrauchsmuster" and is a design or use patent somewhat similar a "Registered" mark that provides an initial three years protection extendable for another three years to six maximum. D.R.G.M. registration was introduced and were first issued starting in 1891. However, if you are dating items you should hold in mind that even during Allied occupation up until 1949, registration procedures remained untouched and still used the D.R.G.M. registration documents, which of course explains why D.R.G.M. marks can be found on products actually manufactured up until 1952 as the registration itself was valid for three years. As from the end of October 1952, all registrations were definately marked with 'Deutsches Bundesgebrauchsmuster' (D.B.G.M.) or simply with 'Gebrauchsmuster' or 'Gebrauchsmusterschutz'.

The same goes also for DRP, this meant that the patent was valid up to 15 years. Most of Heinrich Ritters pre- and wartime stuff (canisters, water jugs etc.) are marked with company logo and "Ritter Aluminium", plus HRE during the war. All this stuff is dated. And no producer marked their field gear with their official logo (which "Ritter Alfurit" is NOT anyway) DURING the war, but with abrevation, HRE (Heinrich Ritter, Esslingen) in this case. So these "Alfurit"- marked canteens are hardly pre-May'45.

That's just how I interpret the canteen in question, and, of course, I might be wrong

You are probably correct, but I still don't know why they would make new post war moulds with the DRPa mark, even if the pattern was still in date, when it was related to the previous regime. IMO, it is more likely to be from before the war, though that is only my opinion and has no facts to back it up.
    Regards,

Jerry

Well, as said before and by far smarter persons than me, both DRGM and DRP markings appear on products up to 1950-ies, so it's odd but not that rare. Anyway, these coconuts with marking Ritter Alfurit are said to be an early post-war production. I have seen several pictures of BGS wearing those (the markings, of course not visible on photos). This picture of a BGS soldier is made ca. 1955 and as you can see, the canteen is identical to those made during the war. The main difference is the colour of drinking cup (usually darker green). I have also seen the straps different from those used during the war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 'Coco' Canteen  

Cool picture and thanks for showing it.
    Regards,

Jerry

I got one perfect for sale. Write to ales4m@yahoo.com for pics.
    Regards
    Al

?

seams, COCO, is the way to GO GO? LOL.

Quote by Alessio View Post
    I got one perfect for sale. Write to ales4m@yahoo.com for pics.
    Regards
    Al

Hello,
    If you want to sell an item, please use the classifieds. Posting sale ads in subforums like this one is not allowed.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Pardon me, thank you for the notice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2