Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M31 Kleidersack

Article about: All though not rare I see very few of these around so I have recently added this M31 Kleidersack to my field gear collection it is dated 1939 and there is some of the makers name left what I

?

Default M31 Kleidersack

All though not rare I see very few of these around so I have recently added this M31 Kleidersack to my field gear collection it is dated 1939 and there is some of the makers name left what I can make out with the naked eye is ( Hoffman-cle ) These were issued to all Wehrmacht soldiers to carry there extra articles of clothing in and were normally only used for traveling and or kept in the rear lines in such places like field camps,barracks, I have read in a couple articles that soldiers that were stationed in rear areas that were not issued a Tornister or a Rucksack would be issued two Kleidersacks to carry there clothing and personal items in . There is an officers version of this bag that was issued as well it was a larger bag and was partitioned on the inside, I as well have seen images of these bags being improvised and used by German front line field medics to carry extra supplies in I would expect it would have been kept at an aid station or in transport and used to restock medic bags this is only a speculation on my part as all the photos I have seen of German field medics carrying these bags were in the rear lines or at aid stations.
    Does any one have any period photos of these in use that you would be willing to share and or a M31 Kleidersack of your own to add to this thread.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Kleidersack   M31 Kleidersack  

M31 Kleidersack   M31 Kleidersack  

M31 Kleidersack   M31 Kleidersack  

M31 Kleidersack  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 Kleidersack
    P
    Many

Default Re: M31 Kleidersack

form zeltbahn thread
    M31 Kleidersack
    Heres mine
    M31 KleidersackM31 KleidersackM31 Kleidersack

?

Default Re: M31 Kleidersack

Thanks Derrick I think yours is mid late war as there is no leather on yours it looks to be mint .Nice photo I didn't even notice that one in the zeltbahn thread .

Regards Mark K