Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M31 Mess Kit completes the set

Article about: After collecting on and off for 25 years I have finally achieved my long held ambition of obtaining a full set of German infantry Equipment with the purchase of a M31 Mess Kit - I have strug

?

Default M31 Mess Kit completes the set

After collecting on and off for 25 years I have finally achieved my long held ambition of obtaining a full set of German infantry Equipment with the purchase of a M31 Mess Kit - I have struggled to find a Mess Kit in good condition with the elusive strap for years. (Each individual item shown has been separately reviewed on the Forum and has been authenticated by the Experts). Kind regards Colin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M31 Mess Kit completes the set   M31 Mess Kit completes the set  

M31 Mess Kit completes the set   M31 Mess Kit completes the set  

M31 Mess Kit completes the set   M31 Mess Kit completes the set  

M31 Mess Kit completes the set  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M31 Mess Kit completes the set
    P
    Many

Well done. Some rare items in there too. NH

Nice, very nice! Still looking for things myself, still don't have a mess kit in fact, but if I really wanted one I'd have one by now. How much did the Zeltbahn/straps set you back? Is that a DAK scabbard on the bayo?

?

Larboard, Zeltbahn and straps were £65 - 15 years ago! Yes, the Bayonet is a DAK item and technically should of course be a European leather one.

Very nice! one thing missing (not really super important) is an A frame bag.
    The frog is still ok here as they were still used in Europe as you would already know

Very nice setup

All i can see missing is a set of Y straps !! ( and yes, the A frame bag, and maybe a set of tent pins, Zeltleine, and tent pole)

And, technically speaking, you need another mess tin strap: the one with the 3 loops, used on A-frames...

But, it still is a very nice setup ! congrats

Tom

Can only imagine what all that weighs, with ammo pouches, canteen and breadbag full, plus a 98k, heavy boots, hot wool jacket and pants...

?

Hello Tom, the Y straps are in the photo but obscured.
    Kind regards

Real nice field gear set up!! timothy

Hello Colin

Yes, now I see them !! stupid of me

Then technically you would need an A-frame strap like this (the upper one....)

btw, did I read correctly ?? You only paid 65 GBP for the A-frame with Zelt ??

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast