Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M38 Gas mask details

Article about: Hey chaps Got recently my hands on a GM38 and had a couple of doubts after one of my fellow colleagues implied that a part of it may be "retouched" namely the canister of this gas

Default M38 Gas mask details

Hey chaps

Got recently my hands on a GM38 and had a couple of doubts after one of my fellow colleagues implied that a part of it may be "retouched" namely the canister of this gas mask.

I will attach some general parts, mask itself are close to MINT condition but the doubt arises when it comes to the canister itself.

The connaisseurs are more than welcome to express their opinions on the paint and overall state. It has been found in an old warehouse. My colleague says it got repainted but I got my doubts judging on small details that I will post in a different link so all may be able to analyse the rust, imperfections and marks that could indicate a "refurbished" element. The layer of paint is close to identical to another canister I have, one not so well preserved over the years, in terms of thickness.

Let the debate begin

M38 Gas mask details

M38 Gas mask details

M38 Gas mask details

M38 Gas mask details

M38 Gas mask details

M38 Gas mask details

M38 Gas mask details

M38 Gas mask details

M38 Gas mask details

Small details can be found here :

https://postimg.org/gallery/14pv3avra/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M38 Gas mask details
    P
    Many

Gasemaske Behalter has been repainted. They were never gloss finish. THe mask looks very good and clean. Cant decide whether the blue filter snout has been repainted as well, it looks too blue for an original.

Thank you. Hell of a paintjob then. Looks like laquered but in great detail. Underneath surface is visible in some areas. Layer is very thin and as you can see they match in color the interior and exterior. Maybe just laquered ? Its too damn close and perfect. Gas mask and filter close to mint condition.

Defo repainted, the replacement web strap has paint splater on it, and it appears to be the wrong colour anyway. Most probably stripped to bare metal and repainted.