Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Marked horse saddle

Article about: by Good Pwny Cool post, Eric! I've never seen one before. Me either GP and thought others would like to see also. Eric

Default Re: Marked horse saddle

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Cool post, Eric! I've never seen one before.
    Me either GP and thought others would like to see also.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Marked horse saddle
    P
    Many

I like it alot Eric.
    I am thinking of band of brothers in Bastogne when they shot the German officer on his horse.
    good item.
    chris

You have to wonder....What GI would have thought to actually send a German Saddle back home? Was it, maybe, a lad going home to the Southwest and his family's ranch? I think the History on this piece and how and why it came to the States would be just as interesting as the saddle itself! (Which is Extremely unusual and uncommon,for sure!) I can honestly say that I've never run into such a thing before! Is it worth $650? I guess that depends on how bad a person wants it! You Certainly won't find another anytime soon! Very neat item! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    You have to wonder....What GI would have thought to actually send a German Saddle back home? Was it, maybe, a lad going home to the Southwest and his family's ranch? I think the History on this piece and how and why it came to the States would be just as interesting as the saddle itself! (Which is Extremely unusual and uncommon,for sure!) I can honestly say that I've never run into such a thing before! Is it worth $650? I guess that depends on how bad a person wants it! You Certainly won't find another anytime soon! Very neat item! William
    I agree with you 100% William. Too bad the journey of this awesome saddle has been lost to the ages. Again, very impressive Eric.

Jay

?

That Is very cool.... I see these German WW2 saddles come up for sale from time to time. Right now there are a couple for sale on the Collectors Guild website. There is actually a WW2 German Cav. re-enacting group in the mid-west and they use original German Cav. Equipment...

Well, my wife just spent 2000 euros (and it was not too much - there are saddles for 3000-6000) for a modern saddle so these WWII German saddles are pretty cheap. I have seen them for 200-400 euros on eBay.de. and as we have horses I plan to buy one to myself. WWII era saddles are of course more heavy but they are 100% handmade and I belive modern makers can't beat III-Reich quality:-).

shay
    ?

I have one of these, mine is a size 2 dmb 45 and i got it at an auction in Minnesota, was told it is a 1925 model german saddles thwe dmb is the town it was made in and the 2 is the size and the year it was made was in 1945...the #45 so there some brought back after the war in WW2

- - Updated - -

I have one too.....mine was made in 45 I got it in Minnesota..the dmb on mine is the town in Germany that it was made in and the 2 on mine is the size

Hi,
    Nice saddle indeed but it has a couple of post war mods, made I am sure so it was still possible to use it. The stirrups are not German and the underside of the saddle appears to have sheep skin or similar on it. This as far as I can see has helped the saddle survive in such nice condition through its continued use, A size 4 saddle is quite hard to come by here and we had hundreds of them here in Jersey, Channel Islands. As a very young child I remember seeing "Dolly" an old, very old German horse in the field just up from our house and I vaguely remember being taken around the field on her.
    D
    Jersey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2