Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Match Boxes

Article about: I searched the forums pretty good and did not see anything. The only thing I know about these as the google is not much help (maybe it is the way I search it or I just cannot read German) bu

monkmanww2
    ?

Default Match Boxes

I searched the forums pretty good and did not see anything.

The only thing I know about these as the google is not much help (maybe it is the way I search it or I just cannot read German) but from what I gather they where issued to troops who smoked and those who did not where issued candy?

When I do a Image search I only come up with a few examples (Pics Posted) I am interested in these and maybe collecting them. Any tips or advice for a newcomer coming from stamp/coin collecting? I am also interested in expanding into medals and pins but am doing much research in this area, but just cannot find much on Match boxes

EDIT:
    Pics are not showing so I uploaded them to tinypic

Thoughts please, are there any books out there that specialize in this or touch on the subject?????

2. # ADS

Default Re: Match Boxes

monkmanww2, those are very nice as i have never seen these types before. I imagine that they would be expensive for just being what they are.

I also imagine that these types of things are reproduced in huge numbers. I have seen some but not of this type be careful !

rgds, Ty

monkmanww2
    ?

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    monkmanww2, those are very nice as i have never seen these types before. I imagine that they would be expensive for just being what they are.

I also imagine that these types of things are reproduced in huge numbers. I have seen some but not of this type be careful !

rgds, Ty
    Thank you for the very swift reply. I agree these are some ver nice examples. I am after some type of collectable book that touches on the subject of Match Boxes, does anyone know of any? How is one to determine if these are real/fake/reproductions? I read when I found them that they passed the "Blacklight test" what is this test and is it 100% ?

EDIT:

Sorry for all of the "newb" questions but as stated I am coming from collecting stamps/Coins and those are very, very easy to identify as original or not. when it comes to the rest of the stuff It seems to be a whole new ballgame. So I am reading books I can find from my local library, etc... but they are few and far between and do not really touch on how to tell reproductions from originals. SO any help for a newcomer to "Serious" collecting is appreciated.

i know a site that has about 30 or 40 of these for sale i think they about 15us ,,, i search though about 20 sites daily and make notes of who has what,price,grade, my notes are at work i will get the site and post it in morning for you

monkmanww2
    ?

Quote by waffenshane View Post
    i know a site that has about 30 or 40 of these for sale i think they about 15us ,,, i search though about 20 sites daily and make notes of who has what,price,grade, my notes are at work i will get the site and post it in morning for you
    Yes please do. I look forward to your post.

sorry so late gettin back to you its ePier.com go to german military ww2,,, page 4 ... ive done many deals all went well,, they also have the cases for them good luck

my country is full of these.all are fakes-different design-wermacht,luftwaffe,ss,rad-well made,but all fakes.just recently heard that some boys are looking for big quantity soviet time match boxes.old wooden models-just to glue on theese nice looking ba...ds.be carefull with these.

These are fantasy items in my opinion.

Cheers, Ade.