Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser 1934 holster?

Article about: Hi all. Picked this up dirt cheap (old farmer didn’t know what it really was). After hours of perusing TR holsters am I correct in labelling this as a holster for the 1934 Mauser? There is a

Default Mauser 1934 holster?

Hi all. Picked this up dirt cheap (old farmer didn’t know what it really was).

After hours of perusing TR holsters am I correct in labelling this as a holster for the 1934 Mauser? There is a second stamp, but unfortunately I cannot make it out.

There is also post war damage; looks like knife marks on the rear, and the area around the trigger has been cut out

Comments and info most apprecriated. Thank you!

PS. Ignore the paperweights hahah
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser 1934 holster?   Mauser 1934 holster?  

Mauser 1934 holster?   Mauser 1934 holster?  

Mauser 1934 holster?   Mauser 1934 holster?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mauser 1934 holster?
    P
    Many

Can an admin please move this to the firearm section? Perhaps I put it in the wrong forum as I’m not getting replies. Thanks all for looking.
    Last edited by MilitariaMatt; 03-26-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Anyone? 3 of 4 latest threads received no replies. What am I doing wrong!

Common for old service holsters in civil use to have bits carved off for other pistols to fit or allow faster drawing-service kit usually more concerned with protecting the pistol from dirt/mud. This is my Police example-fits a variety of small pocket types including my M1934 Walther. Usual for the inside of the flap to be ink stamped with the type it was meant for but this often fades or wears away.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser 1934 holster?   Mauser 1934 holster?  

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Common for old service holsters in civil use to have bits carved off for other pistols to fit or allow faster drawing-service kit usually more concerned with protecting the pistol from dirt/mud. This is my Police example-fits a variety of small pocket types including my M1934 Walther. Usual for the inside of the flap to be ink stamped with the type it was meant for but this often fades or wears away.
    Thank you for the info! I figured that could’ve been the reason for the cut out; especially since it’s right where the trigger guard would be.

I guess this could’ve been for a couple different models; in my searches I saw the same style laid next to the Mauser 34 so I ran with that. Seeing how there’s no waffenamts or stamps outside- would that make it an early version? I’d expect to see waffenamts or a marking pressed into leather.

I do not think you holster started out as a holster for a Mauser. It looks there were two strap attachments on the rear that have been removed.
    John

See here for an example-the M34 wasn't a major type in military/naval purchase use by the Germans-vast majority used by commercial/private buyers (some likely used by troops as private purchased or impressed weapons). Pistols of the German Wehrmacht

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I do not think you holster started out as a holster for a Mauser. It looks there were two strap attachments on the rear that have been removed.
    John
    Thank you for that info John! It never occurred to me those holes would’ve had thread at some point. Here I was thinking someone just went wild with a knife tip for whatever reason lol

So if it’s not the 34; any idea what could it have been? I don’t understand the need to go from two loops to one loop. That single loop has been in situ a long time; I guess we have to assume the modification was made after the eagle stamp?. Now I’m perplexed more than before!

Loops may have suffered damage at some point and been replaced by the large single one-pistol holsters were often cut off the belt if the previous owner was dead or wounded etc. if being souvenired-and repairs in general were pretty common.

Mauser 1934 holster?
    Here's the holster that came with my Mauser M.1934 if it helps any.