Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser k98 cleaning kit

Article about: Just arrived i think (hope) it is as described, marked waA392 at the shallow end inside the lid outside marked arr42, i can only see markings on one item inside and that is the fibre brush w

Smile Mauser k98 cleaning kit

Just arrived i think (hope) it is as described, marked waA392 at the shallow end inside the lid outside marked arr42, i can only see markings on one item inside and that is the fibre brush which id S.M 58 HB (OR P)
    case has remnant paint pretty good condition, not sure about the lead ball never seen one of those before all for the sum of £4.59.

Mauser k98 cleaning kit
    Mauser k98 cleaning kit
    Mauser k98 cleaning kit

just need the rifle now,,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mauser k98 cleaning kit
    P
    Many

arr = Braunschweigische Blechwarenfabrik.

The lead ball is not part of the kit. Not sure about the oil bottle and brush either.

But a nice buy at that price.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Take a look at our forum member Tom's site:

MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Rifle Cleaning Kit
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The oil bottle and brush look British/ commonwealth.....very similar to my SLR cleaning kit items

Hello,
    It is not a "Mauser k98 cleaning kit", it is a RG34 that was used to clean several weapons including of course the K98k, but also the G41/G43, P08/P38 etc....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Ahh thanks, this site has a wealth of knowledge and of course us newbies have none, i got it as described hence the title but sure. lesson learned.

Quote by AMTG View Post
    The oil bottle and brush look British/ commonwealth.....very similar to my SLR cleaning kit items
    Yep it's the later style oil bottle and brush, the oil bottle was used for the No.4 later on in the war and then was also used with the SLR in post war use.

thank you , that lead ball what the hell, might just throw it at the wife now and again.does the arr42 represent the year the case was made.

Yup, 42 will be the date it was made.