Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medic Pouch

Article about: Here is todays pick-up for you guys to enjoy. It's a German medic's pouch made by Paul Bieneck in 1940. It has a waffenamt under the makers mark, and also is marked with a K, and an R (if an

Default Medic Pouch

Here is todays pick-up for you guys to enjoy. It's a German medic's pouch made by Paul Bieneck in 1940. It has a waffenamt under the makers mark, and also is marked with a K, and an R (if anyone knows what those letters mean, please tell). I picked it up in an antique store today for $65.00, which I think is an ok deal considering he was originally asking $195.00!! I also believe this pouch could have been used by the Afrika Corps, because the guy said when he bought it there was a pair of tan binoculars in the case. He showed me the binoculars which were painted a tan color and marked Cag. you can also see where the binoculars pressed against the top of the case. But I bought the piece not the story. Hope you guys like it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medic Pouch   Medic Pouch  

Medic Pouch   Medic Pouch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medic Pouch
    P
    Many

it is not DRK but medic pouch - one of two - yours is the right one

So does the "R" mean its the right?

Hi

Yours is indeed a medic pouch, to be more precise a stretcher bearer's pouch.... The K stands for Krankenträger, and indeed the R stands for Right pouch (Rechts). The left pouches have the L mark for Links
    The Medic pouches are marked S for Sanitäter (and also L and R)

the difference is in the fact that the stretcher bearers carry more band aids, while the Medics also carry medication.....

I have some pictures which I will post later (@ work right now)

Tom

nice but seems expensive to me.