Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

MG 34/42 spare parts pouch ?

Article about: Is it a MG 34/42 spare parts pouch. It is made of prestoff and marked 42 exv. Any feedback is appreciated - thanks !

Default MG 34/42 spare parts pouch ?

Is it a MG 34/42 spare parts pouch.
    It is made of prestoff and marked 42 exv.

Any feedback is appreciated - thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG 34/42 spare parts pouch ?   MG 34/42 spare parts pouch ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MG 34/42 spare parts pouch ?
    P
    Many

Hi george

not my main bag, if you pardon the pun but I think it may be a pouch for communications kit rather than MG. Could be very wrong though !

cheers

Tony

Thanks and I went with the fact that it came with mg belt and then found the link at Pouch MG3442 Machine Gunner's spare parts German (EQU 4067)

Meyle, the correct nomenclature of the device is: Phantomschaltung Fernmelde fur Feld Fernsprecher Funk FF33. Commonly known as a "ghost" (used for testing fieldphone lines).
    You can find some more photos of the referenced equipment here: Wehrmachtsdepot | Phantomschaltung Fernmelde Feld Fernsprecher Funk FF33 WaA | Das Wehrmachtsdepot

Regards.
    Tomasz

And for those, who pay more curiosity, some additonal info (unfortunately in Polish only) devoted to phone communication in Wehrmacht (Panzer Lehr reco group forum website) Barwa i bro

Thanks you !
    Dziekuje !

Default Its a case for a single line exchange

Hi,
    I don't think that the case shown is for the phantom, I believe it is in fact for a single line telephone exchange, I don't know the technical name for this piece of kit but it splits in two and the black switch box has its own compartment in the case.... as is seen in your case. The Umformer/phantom in just a single compartment case of similar size but they are not the same. I have shown them side by side to show the difference.Hope my photos help.
    All the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG 34/42 spare parts pouch ?   MG 34/42 spare parts pouch ?  

Thanks for the photos and great info !