Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MG Sling and Ammo Tin

Article about: Hi all, just wanted your opinion on the MG sling and Ammo tin, I believe they might be ex Russian stock, sling is in very good condition, can in same state and I think dated 41, any advice o

Default MG Sling and Ammo Tin

Hi all, just wanted your opinion on the MG sling and Ammo tin, I believe they might be ex Russian stock, sling is in very good condition, can in same state and I think dated 41, any advice or info would be great
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG Sling and Ammo Tin   MG Sling and Ammo Tin  

MG Sling and Ammo Tin   MG Sling and Ammo Tin  

MG Sling and Ammo Tin   MG Sling and Ammo Tin  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MG Sling and Ammo Tin
    P
    Many

Default Re: MG Sling and Ammo Tin

Last few
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG Sling and Ammo Tin   MG Sling and Ammo Tin  

Ben

Could be wrong, but ammo box looks like Yugo apple green repaint.Excuse the condition of mine,have not given it TLC yet.But it's Yugo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG Sling and Ammo Tin  

But I take it it is originally WW2 German?
    Ben

Hi Ben, the box is original wartime German production. The paint might be postwar? Wartime German paint is usually applied over a red oxide base primer. "Field grey" can vary in shade a great deal. Sometimes it is hard to judge. Did this box come from Tony?

Postwar Yugo paint, like shown above is a very light green shade. So is Norwegian paint.

The black paint/lacquer on the metal work on the sling will most likely be applied by the Soviets. But that will come off easilly if need be.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, the paint is quite a dark green so could be Norwegian, it is not as light as the Yugo green. The can and sling came from Blackpool
    Ben

cool thanks for sharing