Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MG34/MG42 Ammo Can

Article about: This was my last pick up from last weekend. MG34/MG42 Ammo Can Heavily used condition but solid. Marked Patronenkasten 41 MG on bottom near the buckles but hard to read. Maker marked "b

MAP
    ?

Default MG34/MG42 Ammo Can

This was my last pick up from last weekend.

MG34/MG42 Ammo Can

Heavily used condition but solid.

Marked Patronenkasten 41 MG on bottom near the buckles but hard to read.

Maker marked "bsj" on top. No date or waffenampt that I can find.

Looks to be painted a very flat black on the main parts (long sides and top) and there appears to be no paint under this. The sides and inside top of the can appear to have a slightly thicker coat (less wear?) And is a little less flat in color.

So, while I think it is original I am guessing it is a post war repaint. But a little confused as I can see absolutely no undercoat of paint other than black. Also, not sure if I should be concerned about no date and waffenampt.

Either way it was quite cheap and will display well.

Thoughts?

Michael

MG34/MG42 Ammo CanMG34/MG42 Ammo CanMG34/MG42 Ammo CanMG34/MG42 Ammo CanMG34/MG42 Ammo CanMG34/MG42 Ammo CanMG34/MG42 Ammo CanMG34/MG42 Ammo Can
    Last edited by MAP; 06-06-2015 at 09:15 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MG34/MG42 Ammo Can
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Just a little bump...any thoughts on this and the paint?

Thanks.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

SRB
    ?

box is ok .....like as my (2 mg ammo boxes ), I think it is repainted after war

MAP
    ?

Thanks for showing me yours. The odd thing is that I do not see an undercoat of paint, inside or out indicating a repaint. Only the black. But agree, it is probably a post war repaint.

And I thought I got mine for a good price....yours were dirt cheap!

Regards,

Michael

SRB
    ?

tnx

im see its just black and i think its protective anti-corrosive paint ..... but box is perfect ( its 70 years).

best regards

Black? ....... well of course it has to be SS, right?

.......NOT!!!!!!

LOL
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Black? ....... well of course it has to be SS, right?

.......NOT!!!!!!

LOL
    Of course it is SS. That's why I paid 100x the normal price for this one of a kind commando, unheard of Uber Special Ops, one off treasure. The story is that it was recently discoved in Argentina where the unit fled and are still living waiting to make their move. It was secreted out of their underground lair.

Are you implying something different Dan?

MAP
    ?

Quote by SRB View Post
    tnx

im see its just black and i think its protective anti-corrosive paint ..... but box is perfect ( its 70 years).

best regards
    Thanks SRB! I guess that makes sense. Eitherway, as you note, it is fine. Not to get the ammo belt....

SRB
    ?

yes hard to find good ww2 ammo belts.i have 2 ww2 germas ........ but can be found postwar belts, which are identical to those ww2 ...... just to complete your collection

MAP
    ?

Thanks. My friend says he has some from when he was a kid (not sure if ww2 or post war). The only problem is that he has to find them...LoL