Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MG42 Ammo Box camo

Article about: hey i just bought this MG42 ammo box, i was long time searching for a well worn box with a normandy-like camo...at reasonnable price as well. this camo looks original to me and period time !

Default MG42 Ammo Box camo

hey

i just bought this MG42 ammo box, i was long time searching for a well worn box with a normandy-like camo...at reasonnable price as well. this camo looks original to me and period time !! and a plus to me with the bullet holes
    ..but what are the thougts and feeling of the expert here ? camo and bullet holes ?

ps : by the way i looove MG ammo cases !!!
    and this one can be the Holy-grail to me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG42 Ammo Box camo   MG42 Ammo Box camo  

MG42 Ammo Box camo   MG42 Ammo Box camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MG42 Ammo Box camo
    P
    Many

Default Re: MG42 Ammo Box camo

If it from latvia it long way from Normandy. Better check that, i dont really see the Normandy camo, others might.

I think the 'bullet holes' were purposely drilled into the box to mount it
    to a bracket of some sort - they are aligned at 90 degrees and are
    clear of the lid when it is closed. Perhaps it's purpose post-war
    was for holding parts or tools.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Yes Franz it is from Latvia and i'm from Normandy, i shoud have just said Camo, i was thinking about Normandy camo because of the 3 colors used..but anyway you right, do you think the paint is period time ?

concerning the ''bullet Holes'' do you really think it's been drilled even if the metal is pushed on the reverse ? i might be for a bracket like you said i will take a closer look when i will receive it !!
    By the way mr Walkwolf do you know a place to buy WW2 deactivated weapons except collector's guild and collectorsource ? you can PM me ..thank you
    Regards

?

I think it looks good. I have seen some of them. The bullet holes are IMO not drilled. They seem to be shot straight through the box. I have also seen a few bullet holes here. You will need a very long drill to drill these holes. They are perfectly aligned, and the entrance holes would not be rounded if drilled. The exit holes also look good to me. Looks like e genuine relic box to me. I also love these.

Hello!

Here in Latvia, camo lives in legends told from one generation of diggers to another, except winter camo.

This box just looks like overpainted several times, when one paint was worn another one was painted, in such way was made camo, but different colors were used because they don't cared about them, main reason was to hide shining metal. For me holes looks OK, I know that seller, he don't make and sell fakes.

Regards,
    Andris

Hello, I think this box is from 1933 1935 because it is like WWI, look the handle is empty. After, it is different.

?

The holes look like it has been used for some target practice !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I also noticed the handle. These boxes look pretty much the same, even the ones BW used. The handle is not of the newer type.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast