Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Militärische Paradestiefel 1930-40 - Opinions Please

Article about: Hi JPhilip, Thanks for the picture, almost the same match. Best Wishes

?

Default Militärische Paradestiefel 1930-40 - Opinions Please

Hello Gentlemen,
    Purchased these army parade jack boots in the week. I believe they are from 1930-40 era (that's what I was told). I'm by no means a expert on these items, in fact they are the first pair I own. I've spent a few hours each day the past couple of days, viewing lots of boots on some very poor pictures. I hadn't realized the large number of variants in style the boots were made, left me no more the wiser. Could members please give me their opinions on the authenticity of the boots, which are 41cm high x 28,7cm long, inside towards the shaft tops are the markings - 41 8 535 2 - and if they have a issue with the hobnails in the soles.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärische Paradestiefel 1930-40 - Opinions Please   Militärische Paradestiefel 1930-40 - Opinions Please  

Militärische Paradestiefel 1930-40 - Opinions Please   Militärische Paradestiefel 1930-40 - Opinions Please  

Militärische Paradestiefel 1930-40 - Opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Militärische Paradestiefel 1930-40 - Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Militärische Paradestiefel 1930-40 - Opinions Please

Hello,
    They're not regulation boots, rather private purchased for officers at best.
    Not meant to have hobnails as well...The use of nails on the heel, instead of a U-shaped iron is not a very good sign...As they're hard shafted, i would say for Dienst use only....but i don't like very much the markings...if 41 is the size it might be a problem as in the german army at the time sizes were in centimeters (size 28 for a foot of 28 centimeters)...and the army prevailed on many civilian manufacturers to follow such rules for private purchased footgear.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hello JPhilip,
    Thanks for the information on the boots. One feature I meant to ask about, the small buckles and straps at the top of the shafts are they standard of the period ? or rather a added feature which the as a private purchase the buyer would possibly have asked for. The reason I ask is the past few days I must have looked at a large number of boots, some of which do have buckles & straps at the top, but not the same as the ones shown in my photos. Again thanks for your help.
    Regards
    Alec

Hello Alec,
    Small buckles at the top of the shaft are not uncommon for private purchased boots. This feature is unseen on regulation boots.
    As there were many civilian manufacturers, it is normal to find many types of small buckles...all these manufacturers didn't use the exact same type...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

?

I would have thought early East German, have seen a pair of these with the buckles and no heel iron that were said to be East German...1950's

?

Hello Gentlemen,
    Thanks for the posts. Last night was the monthly meeting of the military collectors club. I took my boots along with me, they got a resolute thumbs down. The members say they are postwar civilian boots.Suppose I shall have to keep on searching.
    Regards
    AlecH

Hello,
    what kind of boots are you looking for, regulation/private purchase, EM/NCO/Officer...?
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Hi Alec,
    if you were looking for "Kommis" (The WW I/II German for G.I.) boots they are not by any means...if you are trying to find how old these boots are they could be 70 y.o. or even 40 years old.
    I don't know what are you looking for but try to contact me thru PM and let's see what I can do for you.
    Before any purchase don't rely on old,fuzzy,period pictures..try to make a search on this forum first and it will surely turn out many detailed pictures of the real thing(s)!
    Cheers
    Manny

?

Hi JPhillip, Manny,
    I'm looking to buy EM boots, next time I'll do proper research before I jump in and buy pieces.I'll be in touch.
    Good luck
    Alec

Hello Alec,
    As the original photo has a copyright i can't show it, but i took this photo from the photo for you to see. These boots belong to an Oberleutnant pictured in France in September or October 1944. They have a buckle on the side, no shark nose...very similar to the ones that opened this thread.
    With this kind of private purchased boots you can only make officers set ups...but with regulation EM/NCO marching boots, you can even depict an officer at the front...
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärische Paradestiefel 1930-40 - Opinions Please  

In Memoriam :

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast