Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mint k98 ammo pouch

Article about: I was looking to purchase this mint condition k98 ammo pouch, but wanted to make sure everything checks out, all opinions are welcome.

Default Mint k98 ammo pouch

I was looking to purchase this mint condition k98 ammo pouch, but wanted to make sure everything checks out, all opinions are welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint k98 ammo pouch   Mint k98 ammo pouch  

Mint k98 ammo pouch   Mint k98 ammo pouch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint k98 ammo pouch
    P
    Many

look like enactors item.

I don't know unlike any original I have encountered back is funny and pebbling off don't know what that strange stamp is I personally have never seen one before. Hopefully JP and Tom will weigh in. timothy

There is another thread with one exactly like this ( excluding the mark ) and some one stated that there is a "hash" look that was used, i believe that it is more uncommon, rather than the pebbled look. I have spent a lot of time looking into it, and believe that it is original.

Here is a link to that thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...ouches-229428/

Yeah it may be I just haven't seen that model or owned one like it It may be a rare variant there are all kinds of these and many different makers. There is a site Stinch's ammo pouches Ade posted here once he has about all of them covered. It may be shown on there. timothy

Warbuf appears to be a variant cross hatch pattern I found one on Stench's site I just have never had one have plenty of standard pebbled ones stamp I still don't know I think it is OK harder to find variant. timothy

yep, nice cross pattern, these are somewhat difficult to find

late war

Ive also seen MG pouches made from this material

Tom

?

minty examples of the k98 pouches do still exist. I have a pebbled one that's KM marked. The D ring and nipples are painted white. Here's mine for reference..
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint k98 ammo pouch   Mint k98 ammo pouch  

Hello,
    A M1911 ammunition pouch with this cross hatch pattern can be seen in my book about WWII german fieldgear (page 49 photo 8). As mentioned in the caption, this kind of leather treatment is the same as seen on many bellows from mapcases 35 or 37...I do own its twin, the one seen in the book...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)