Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

MN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german Pow

Article about: Hi guys new items for me. Can somenoen say me a worth? Grüße von Eichekarpfen

Default MN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german Pow

Hi guys new items for me. Can somenoen say me a worth? Grüße von Eichekarpfen MN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german PowMN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german PowMN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german PowMN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german PowMN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german PowMN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german PowMN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german PowMN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german PowMN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german Pow

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MN 44 & captured Italian Mess Kit from german Pow
    P
    Many

Hello,
    nice items congrats....as usual the messkit is mismatched, only the lid is from 1944, the messkit itself is rather pre or early war...
    The italian is also great, well engraved....but considering that it's painted, IMO it's not a captured canteen, but rather an italian canteen reissued to the german army, which was a common thing after september 1943
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks Philip, how can I recognize that's the Messkit is from different kits? Best greetings

Hello,
    Considering the paint on the body of the messkit, it's wartime (and not prewar as mentioned before), but MN44 and MN45 messkits do have the simplified steel bale to hold the wire handle and not the big aluminium one seen on your messkit. This said, some manufacturers still used the aluminium bale well after the other manufacturers replaced it with the steel one. If your messkit has the three ration marks for soup on the front, it's an early type, if not, it's a late war example from another manufacturer than MN.
    Thanks

If you want some info on WWII german messkits, have look there, it could be helpful : YouTube
    Last edited by JPhilip; 01-23-2020 at 09:24 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thank you very much