Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...

Article about: Hey Guy! My budget is fairly limited this month with recent 251 wheels purchase - and even a bloody Junkers Ju 87 tail-wheel should be arriving soon next week - but this came to my attention

?

Default MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...

Hey Guy!

My budget is fairly limited this month with recent 251 wheels purchase - and even a bloody Junkers Ju 87 tail-wheel should be arriving soon next week - but this came to my attention with only minutes left from the bidding, so I had no time to ask for more photos or to show you guys before bidding...So I bid and won it for 17 EU (not Ebay).
    Small pics and no photos of the canteen itself or buttons, etc. - so for me this will be a mystery item for now - I'll will def. update with more pics when arrives...

Sellers description (roughly translated): "Rare steel canteen with factory grey paint, MN44 marking and original alu cup, which needs some cleaning. Starps and cover is perfect condition."

Have you guys ever seen grey painted steel canteens (I only saw red ones)?

Cheers,
    Fabe

MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...
    P
    Many

?

Looks like you got a good buy.

Cup is an early one Fabe, this one should have a steel or bakelite cup. ....... But for 17E it does not matter!

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Dan is right early cup parts on these and mess kits often get switched around still nice and it is complete most canteens I encounter are missing the darn cup these I have seen painted red, green, brown and even black nice find! timothy

The price is cool, when I was in Budapest, I don't remember so low prices!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

it's mostly luck...I usually buy a lot of stuff from "Vatera", which is sort of like the Hungarian ebay - it's not often I see really good quality stuff here, most of the time they're in relic condition...but once in a while stuff like this comes up.

I was in Ecseri....Not the same prices ! But very interesting with all Tzigans coming from the country, with violons.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

I stay away from flea-markets

I was looking for militaria and all about Sándor Kőrösi Csoma !! not easy.

?

update:

the canteen arrived today - took some quick (and not very good) shots...

the canteen is indeed factory painted grey and its' cup and also factory painted red. (never seen this combo before)
    the only marking is "MN44" on the neck of the canteen...
    the alu cup looks unmarked and looks like someone burned some coffe in it (not sure how to clean it yet)
    anyway - looks ok?

MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...

...and here's all the field gear I got the last few weeks:
    MN44 Canteen - 'hope it's a good one...
    - MN44 canteen
    - MN42 mess kit
    - 1942 British jerry can
    - 1943 dated German folding shovel
    - 5L German Trinkwasser

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast