Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Modified Luger Holster

Article about: Hi all, Got this today from a local flea market. I recognise it to be a Luger pistol holster, however it appears to have been modified (i'm guessing this was done during the war). The top fl

Default Modified Luger Holster

Hi all,

Got this today from a local flea market. I recognise it to be a Luger pistol holster, however it appears to have been modified (i'm guessing this was done during the war). The top flap is missing and the holster has been cut to fit another pistol, possible a revolver? The leather strap on the inside is broken and there are no markings. Has anyone seen holsters like this before? Any comments welcome.

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modified Luger Holster   Modified Luger Holster  

Modified Luger Holster   Modified Luger Holster  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Modified Luger Holster
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Modified Luger Holster

Wow, somebody went to work on that holster!

?

Yes a lot of GI's did this it was easier to get the pistol out .Gary

?

That makes sense. No fiddling with the flap. Not much Roy Rogers fast draw about a closed German flap holster mostly designed to keep the elements out and not built for speed.

?

Spitace I have one also but mine still has the top flap. It's a real shame mine is a a WWI holster and still has the top flap.mine still has the luger in it . The vets nephew who I bought it off of told me his uncle told him he cut it down so he could get the luger out. Scout as you know if you can't get to it fast why carry it . Gary

?

True. Its just a clashing of two different 'gun cultures' or mentalities, but I dont need to tell you that the design of the holster was never to get it out fast.
    The US flap holster through two world wars was much faster to get the gun out of.

?

I agree I can see both sides its nice to have a clean gun ,but if I need it I don't want to mess around to get the pistol out. Glad to see I'm not the only one up this early in the morning .

?

Its a sunny day, whats not to like. Besides, its nice and quiet in the morning, I like that
    Yep, good to able to access your gun in a hurry.
    And to quote a cliche (true none the less): Its better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.