MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?

Article about: Hey guys, Anyone seen goggles with orange/brown glasses and small ss pin like these before? They are supposed to be found in the sidecar of an old german motorcycle in the Netherlands, but I

Default Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?

Hey guys,

Anyone seen goggles with orange/brown glasses and small ss pin like these before?

Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?

They are supposed to be found in the sidecar of an old german motorcycle in the Netherlands, but I have my doubts if they are genuine or not, anyone?

Thanks!

rgds

Mads

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Default Re: Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?

Look like "General Purpose Goggles" worn by drivers , artillery crews etc... I don't see any SS pin in these photos . But they look WW II issue .

CBH..........i believe you are correct that they are general purpose "Umbral protective goggles", I am posting a photo from Mick Prodger's book showing a pilot wearing them over his regular goggles,not sure how many colors they come in ,but i have (3) brown....blue....tan...........the small instruction sheet was printed in 1937.............Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?   Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?  

Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?   Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?  

Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?  

?

Bought these Kradfahrer goggle at the flea-market on Saturday. They would seem to be the same as ones shown in SADolch's post with pictures. I wonder, if his goggles have the same markings on the two eye piece rims as the mine ? Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?   Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?  

Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?   Motorcycle or Panzer Goggles?  

Alech.......Nice pair of goggles......if you notice on the paper instruction booklet it is marked Frankfurt M-- R ....I am in Nurnberg Germany at this time........I will check my goggles when i return in a few days...................DAVE H

Alech...........no maker marks on any of mine....very nice that yours are marked.......Dave H

?

Dave,
    Thanks for taking the trouble - I believe the firm is still in existence, I would be interested to know when (era) they were producing my type of rim marked goggles. Regards
    Last edited by AlecH; 11-03-2012 at 12:15 PM.