Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Mp 44 pouch good or fake

Article about: Any idea about this one guys looks heavenly used no markings. Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Mp 44 pouch good or fake

Any idea about this one guys looks heavenly used no markings.

Mp 44 pouch good or fakeMp 44 pouch good or fakeMp 44 pouch good or fakeMp 44 pouch good or fakeMp 44 pouch good or fakeMp 44 pouch good or fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mp 44 pouch good or fake
    P
    Many

a lot of these were made in the early 70s,be careful.

Yes i now but not sure about this one look heavy used

?

Question

The correkt terminology would be Reproduction (Repro) NOT fake!
    For those who don't understand the difference - repro = copy of an original item while fake = something that never actually existed.
    I would be leery of it because of the lack of markings. Probably made for reenactor usage.
    Sarge

I believe the term for something that never existed would be "fantasy." Fakes are ment to fool the collector where as reproductions are for reenactors, etc. Also MP44tom knows his stuff, and what he is talking about.

However, the patina and general wear is convincing. Heaven help the next generation of collectors!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Sarge View Post
    The correkt terminology would be Reproduction (Repro) NOT fake!
    For those who don't understand the difference - repro = copy of an original item while fake = something that never actually existed.
    I would be leery of it because of the lack of markings. Probably made for reenactor usage.
    Sarge
    Hi Sarge

Technicaly you are probably correct (sorry, but english is not my native language)

However, when something is put up for sale and in most cases is meant to deceive people, it is a fake in my opinion....

When I use the word "fake" I mean it is not used and/or produced before 1945.

to give an example:

The czech army used german equipment after ww2 (Y-straps, equipment straps etc.) but they also produced similar looking products in the 50's

So technically a post war czech Y strap is an original (czech post war Y strap) , but when blackened and stamped with all sort of crap stamps and sold as a german ww2 Y strap it is a fake in my opinion.....

However if an original german Y strap is post war stamped with a czech lion stamp, it still is an original Y strap (however post war used)

Hope this makes it a little clear

Tom

trash can stuff thanks all