Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My first gas can mask set

Article about: Hi all, I just picked up this dug relic can and mask and wanted to get your opinions or help with the name,markings or feldpost number. I think its a really cool item to add to my relic coll

Default My first gas can mask set

Hi all,
    I just picked up this dug relic can and mask and wanted to get your opinions or help with the name,markings or feldpost number. I think its a really cool item to add to my relic collection, I hope you all agree does anyone know where I can get a nice original or repo set of straps for it or should I just leave it as is.
    My first gas can mask setMy first gas can mask setMy first gas can mask setMy first gas can mask setMy first gas can mask set

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first gas can mask set
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first gas can mask set

very nice and in superb condition ,id leave it in the condition it was found , thanks for sharing james

hi there nice relic, it is what it is so i would not add a strap, here is what i got for the number

Feldpostnummer 48329
    (2.1.1940-11.3.1943) 1. Kompanie Infanterie-Divisions-Nachrichten-Abteilung 23

?

Very nice indeed. Best left alone I would think. It is fine as it is, adding to it will destroy a part of history. Just my opinion though.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

thanks for the help, I wont put a strap on it, I tend to agree with keeping it as is, but I may get a spare lense kit for inside just to have an added bonus, Does Kompanie Infanterie-Divisions-Nachrichten-Abteilung 23 mean 23rd infantry division? not sure what nachrichten or abteilung means, according too google it was reorganized in july 42 to 26th panzer then back to a new 23rd infantry, trying to figure all this is out is fun yet very confusing to a new person in the hobby.

im not sure if this should be classed as a relic ,well not a ground dug one anyway it looks to be in to good a condition i would say dry stored maybe a barn find at most , i would definately like this in my collection you have a great start to your collection keep up the good work ,james

Looks great, but I agree with it being a barn find or something similar. I would definatly leave it as is, heaps of character at then moment, don't want to ruin it.

Jason

yes you are right, I got confused, technically its a battlefield relic, not a dug relic, it was a barn/attic find in the area of the kurland battle, that is what the seller claimed and he is a respectable dealer. Ive been trying to collect DUG relics only but this was too nice to pass up. I will post pictures of all my items when im complete with my display, its going to look super cool