MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

My german binoculars.

Article about: Here's my binos. All are in good condition with clear optics. I bought these at the Army museum in Trondheim in Norway. They sell these for about 60 euros in their souvenir shop, along with

BMF
    ?

Default My german binoculars.

Here's my binos. All are in good condition with clear optics. I bought these at the Army museum in Trondheim in Norway. They sell these for about 60 euros in their souvenir shop, along with lots of other old surplus from military storages. They had a drawer full of these, most had lots of wear and postwar norwegian straps. But I did manage to find some nice ones with original straps. Bought two last year and two the year before. I guess I might get one or two this year also. All has rangefinding reticule, but only two are marked with H/6400. One has a brass body, while the rest is in some lightweight alloy.

DDX : #232006 , has a triangle stamp.Bakelite lenscover. Strap marked fzg 1942. The leather flap with the buttonhole is missing and one eyecup has a hairline crack.

E.LEITZ WETZLAR: # 158148, Marked KF and circle. Has a soft leather lenscover, and fzg 1942 on the buttonhole tag. Also marked Dienstglas DF 6 x 30. Can not see any marking on the strap. Brass body.

BMJ: #439249. KF marked. H/6400. Soft leather lenscover. Buttonhole tag marked 1938 and an S inside an H. Can't see any markings on the strap.

CAG: # 35411. Circle + marking. Has a thick leather lenscover. No marking on the strap as I can see. Buttonhole tag is marked bmk, and a waA that I can't make out.

I took lots of pictures, but some didn't turn out very good. Here's some random ones.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My german binoculars.   My german binoculars.  

My german binoculars.   My german binoculars.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My german binoculars.
    P
    Many

Default Re: My german binoculars.

A good collection of bino's. Are any of them waffenamt marked on the frame?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

BMF
    ?

No waffenamts as I can see. Where would these normaly be stamped? One bino has a really small stamp inside the eyecups, just next to the lens. I'm not sure if it's a waa, as ist' really small and faint.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

These are nice buys.

Here is where you should find the WaA mark. Seen here on my 1939 Zeiss made pair.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My german binoculars.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

These are nice buys.

Here is where you should find the WaA mark. Seen here on my 1939 Zeiss made pair.

Cheers, Ade.
    Nice Ade, my 1939 Zeiss are also stamped on (both) the lower frames, serial #1914366.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, thanks, so are mine, just the pic is not great Wiping the muck off them helps. These were one of my very few car boot sales buys at £25.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jerry, thanks, so are mine, just the pic is not great These were one of my very few car boot sales buys at £25.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,

I could not see if both were stamped or not, with my set, one stamp is better than the other, though I need to try and take some clearer pics than these (taken indoor with artificial light, must do better!!!).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My german binoculars.  
    Regards,

Jerry