Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new canteen, absolute stunner

Article about: i couldnt help but post some photos of my new canteen, it is the large capacity canteen and although the leather shoulder strap is missing it is not too far from perfect, every component is

Default My new canteen, absolute stunner

i couldnt help but post some photos of my new canteen, it is the large capacity canteen and although the leather shoulder strap is missing it is not too far from perfect, every component is maker marked and dated CFL38 as you can see in the photos, the cup has 90+% of original paint remaining, and what i like the most is that most of these canteens usually have the black leather strap not brown. this is now my new favourite in my collection, nice textbook example, whats the chance of me finding a brown leather shoulder strap with the same maker mark and date on it? not very high i dont think My new canteen, absolute stunnerMy new canteen, absolute stunnerMy new canteen, absolute stunnerMy new canteen, absolute stunnerMy new canteen, absolute stunnerMy new canteen, absolute stunnerMy new canteen, absolute stunner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new canteen, absolute stunner
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My new canteen, absolute stunner

Boy. That is a nice one. A medics canteen I believe.

Medics alright, but not of army, but DRK (Deutscher Rotes Kreutz/German Red Cross). The magic is in the metal clip/hook which is missing here but is always there on the back of army medics canteens, it's purpose being to attach canteen to the soldier's waist belt, which DRK ladies didn't have at all. I've seen these around with shoulder straps and as far as I remember these had some extra markings besides date and maker's mark. The chance to find a spare matching strap is as always 50/50

Left one is army medics canteen, you can easily see what I meant when talking about metal hook....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new canteen, absolute stunner