Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My 'new' ddx 6x30 Dienstglas with trimmings......

Article about: A pleasing addition to my small collection of Dienstglas. I have a pair of early, heavy pre-war Busch ( no reticle) , and lightweight Carl Zeiss ( with reticle ) and wanted a manufacturer-co

Arrow My 'new' ddx 6x30 Dienstglas with trimmings......

A pleasing addition to my small collection of Dienstglas. I have a pair of early, heavy pre-war Busch ( no reticle) , and lightweight Carl Zeiss ( with reticle ) and wanted a manufacturer-coded pair. I also hankered after those eyepiece protectors which you see in all the photos but seem to be rarer than the binos.

This pair appeared on e-bay with rather vague, general photos and only reference to the maker markings. They were also incorrectly folded in the photos which gave them an odd appearance.No way of telling if the add-ons were repro but they came within my ( quite low ) price range so I 'won' them and then waited to tear the packaging open when they arrived.

The leather button-attachment carries a faded three-letter code plus 1942-date ( the rivets have been replaced )

Best of all, the bakelite eyepiece cover has a tiny Waffenamt which is almost invisible to the naked eye, but very clear under magnification

The optics are very clear for their age and, in the right-hand element, have a very well-defined reticle.

I like these Dienstglas - another very typical item of the Wehrmacht.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My 'new' ddx 6x30 Dienstglas with trimmings......
    P
    Many

Very nice example !!

Maybe if you check the strap also very good, you might be able to find another WaA stamp

I think the circle means KalteFest if I remember correctly..... (from the head )

Tom