MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My new Paul Weyerberg & Co Solingen bayonet (repro frog?)

Article about: hello, here is Julekpl again. I just came back from a large military sale in my area. I don't not make too many purchases, however I picked up this piece at a cheap price. It is a Paul Weyer

Default Re: My new Paul Weyerberg & Co Solingen bayonet (repro frog?)

Quote by allan View Post
    The frog looks ok to me.
    The bayonet does not look like a police model to me, police issue usually had different numbers stamped into the handle. Plenty of web sites that you can cheeck forinfo.
    Regards
    well the thing is Paul Weyersburg & co Solingen made many swords for the Police, however George T. Wheeler thinks otherwise, here is a picture:

My new Paul Weyerberg & Co Solingen bayonet (repro frog?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Paul Weyerberg & Co Solingen bayonet (repro frog?)
    P
    Many

and no, there are no markings on the spine, however there is an eagle stamp with what I believe is the letter "B" with it, next to the serial.

?

Hi
    to quote George T. Wheeler he uses the word "possibly", which indicates that it is possible, but not definitive. To me it does not look like a police issue, where as it may to you, but I would not pay any more money for it because someone claimed it to be a police issue, without some reference points.
    There are plenty of websites which can give you information/pictorials about police issue bayonets.
    A lot of bayonets made and issued to Police, Reichspost, and Reichsbahn did not have makers marks or a makers serial number stamped on them, just numbers, a serial number or a police eagle.
    Try googling bayonet Collectors network theres a good starting point.
    Regards and happy reading.
    I have attached a photo of a police bayonet, which shows the police issue number, and two waffen stamps.My new Paul Weyerberg & Co Solingen bayonet (repro frog?)

?

Hi again
    your photos dont show the police eagle, but if it has one then yes it would have been issued to a police unit. It is a Good pickup for your collection, well done.
    regards

I found the eagle, although it is not in the best condition, but it is there, along with some info! My new Paul Weyerberg & Co Solingen bayonet (repro frog?) My new Paul Weyerberg & Co Solingen bayonet (repro frog?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2