Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My second gasmask & canister...

Article about: + 1 for a Kanonier.

Default Re: My second gasmask & canister...

+ 1 for a Kanonier.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My second gasmask & canister...
    P
    Many

?

So that actually might be an original i.d.?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    + 1 for a Kanonier.

?

When I saw the price (it was "Pay Now") I couldn't belive my eyes...I usually ask here first, for opinions, but this time I just hit the pay now button...

?

and here's an original photo from my collection (Feb. 1940)

My second gasmask & canister...

Great looking GM38 and canister,and for a fantastic price too many concrats........Jake.

?

UPDATE:

Hi All,

The mask+can arrived just an hour ago...and I have to say; they even look better in person.

The can is like new - virtually still has all the original paint and no rust whatsoever inside the can. I didn't find any factory markings just yet - has the owner's name on the lid and maybe the unit number(?)

Kan. K. Sutter (Kanonier= artilleryman/gunner) and the number: 661 - this number can also be found on the bottom of the can. There is another black painter number on the can: 73
    (interesting detail: Mr. Sutter also wrote his name in pencil, can be seen under (or over?) the painter letters)

The mask is a size 2, model 38 dark blue rubber mask with markings: 'a q d' inside the rubber and '1940 Innenseile Gussn. 7/91128' on both yellow tinted glasses.
    'bmw 4?' (the second num. is unclear) on the snout.

There is some slight surfice rust on the 'FE37 AB' filter with additional markings: R Fe - WaA 104 and 41/52 - So the filter looks to be 1941 made.

I have an original cloth/spring for this can and I'm very happy that the set of original straps I got from Tom is the same color and textile as the can's short strap on the lid.

I only need to get 2 pairs of spare glasses and will complete this beauty...

Overall, the best 44 EU + 3 EU shipping I've ever spent probably...

I made some crappy pics (sorry, as I wrote it in another thread; I'm planning to get a proper camera this year)

Cheers,
    Fabe

PS: I have an spare rust-free FE 41 filter (see last pic.), and I was actually thinking about replacing the "little-rusty" filter - but I know what u guys would say: "Don't mess with the original set!"
    My second gasmask & canister...My second gasmask & canister...My second gasmask & canister...My second gasmask & canister...My second gasmask & canister...My second gasmask & canister...

Great looking set !!!

I'm glad the straps match !!!

If you need a few spare glasses, they are easy to get.... I have some spare

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

Great piece, I just bought one this morning plus a few extra bits.

My father and uncles were in Budapest during/after the war- they played with that stuff all the time there- it was everywhere in the streets back in the day...sadly some little kids at times played with things that went boom and a lot of little kids were lost to unexploded mines/grenades & shells.

Man too bad the kids didn't save the helmets..........

?

...a photo from my collection - Hungarian kids with "present cigars" they got from German troops (in backround) - only date in the back of it: "Ungarn IV. 8." (probably 1944)

My second gasmask & canister....

Quote by 1stCTHeavyArtillery View Post
    Great piece, I just bought one this morning plus a few extra bits.

My father and uncles were in Budapest during/after the war- they played with that stuff all the time there- it was everywhere in the streets back in the day...sadly some little kids at times played with things that went boom and a lot of little kids were lost to unexploded mines/grenades & shells.

Man too bad the kids didn't save the helmets..........

There were just a few pics from the war from my fathers family...most were destroyed as my family fought with the Germans against the Soviets and again during the Revolution.

I love that country, I'm a dual citizen actually

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast