Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My small German canteen collection

Article about: Here is a small collection of canteens and cups from my collection. The two canteens top left are ww1 but i thought i would include them anyway as its nice to see how the ww2 canteen kept a

Default My small German canteen collection

Here is a small collection of canteens and cups from my collection. The two canteens top left are ww1 but i thought i would include them anyway as its nice to see how the ww2 canteen kept a similar design. The bottom left two canteens are the large capacity ones and the three canteens to the right of those are the wooden impregnated canteens first issued to tropical theatres and then to all theatres in the mid to late war years, There is a mixture of bakelite and aluminium and steel cups. and some variation in felt covers also, i plan to expand this collection with a few medical/mountain troop canteens and a few more political canteens also, when i finally get chancMy small German canteen collectione to stick some more money asside to buy them. The dates on these range from 1936-43

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My small German canteen collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: My small German canteen collection

Amazing focused collection, great to see

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

hi nick, i like to try and aquire as many variants as i can, still need many more in the canteen collection though, a few more of the larger capacity ones would be nice and also a couple late war steel enamelled ones too.

Very very nice view, greetings from Estonia!

Hello,
    That's some impressive canteens collections guys....congratulations
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi,

Very nice canteen collections, congratulations.

Carfin.

Nice collections chaps. I'm partial to the odd canteen too. Think I may look for another after seeing these!

?

Great collections. I just picked up a nice canteen yesterday at - of all places - a local gunshow, and got it for a "song." Along these lines, can anyone recommend a book or website dedicated to German feldflaschen? I'd like to learn more about the mgfr. markings, variants, etc.