Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery equipment

Article about: Hello, I'm still new here so sorry if this is in the wrong topic, but I have some artifacts here that are a complete mystery to me. They were in a box full of Nazi arm bands, clothing, a Luf

?

Default Mystery equipment

Hello, I'm still new here so sorry if this is in the wrong topic, but I have some artifacts here that are a complete mystery to me. They were in a box full of Nazi arm bands, clothing, a Luftwaffe summer flying cap and some other stuff. Any ideas / help would be great - thanks!

The items in the first 2 pictures are the biggest mystery, the item in the other 2 pictures is possibly an ignition pull-cable, but that's just a guess.

Mystery equipmentMystery equipmentMystery equipmentMystery equipment

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery equipment
    P
    Many

The bottom is a carburetor choke cable circa 1940's. Don't think it was in a military vehicle. All of those I've seen usually have a black knob with white lettering.

That one looks like an ivory colored knob off of civilian automobiles of the same era.

?

Looks like chains for sdkfz rubber.

The chains don't look heavy made so don't think they are snow chains off a halftrack

They are ice walking cleats for boots and shoes in the winter. One is missing it's strap to pull it tight and hold it in place. As to whether they are military, I have no clue. I use a similar device in Winter up here in the frozen Upper Peninsula but it utilizes stretchable rubber bands rather than the buckle straps.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by ADent View Post
    They were in a box full of Nazi arm bands, clothing, a Luftwaffe summer flying cap and some other stuff.
    show us the other stuff man!!!!

.....er, you're not Arthur Dent from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy are you?

if so, it could be a choke cable from a Vogon battle cruiser?????
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    show us the other stuff man!!!!
    Sorry, the arm bands, clothing and banner is all put away, here's the flying cap
    Mystery equipment

Quote by Danmark View Post
    .....er, you're not Arthur Dent from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy are you?

if so, it could be a choke cable from a Vogon battle cruiser?????
    Oh dear, I hope they are not angry... Wait! What is that in the sky?!?!

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
    Thy micturations are to me,
    As plurdled gabbleblotchits,
    On a lurgid bee,
    That mordiously....

Thank you everyone for all the help! Would have been lost in space without it!

nice summer issue flight cap

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    They are ice walking cleats for boots and shoes in the winter. One is missing it's strap to pull it tight and hold it in place. As to whether they are military, I have no clue. I use a similar device in Winter up here in the frozen Upper Peninsula but it utilizes stretchable rubber bands rather than the buckle straps.
    I never would have known that one. The only ice I see in south Texas is my kitchen freezer.