Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

nazi coin's

Article about: hi all just starting to get a small collection together i got these coins on ebay quite cheap are they originals if they are not i don't mind because i think they are cool anyway i haven't s

Default nazi coin's

hi all just starting to get a small collection together
    i got these coins on ebay quite cheap are they originals
    if they are not i don't mind because i think they are cool anyway
    i haven't seen much about coins on here
    thanks

nazi coin'snazi coin'snazi coin'snazi coin'snazi coin's
    Last edited by Gary J; 06-09-2012 at 09:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement nazi coin's
    P
    Many

Default Re: nazi coines

Yes, they are, indeed, originals. And, no-you're right, they're not worth a ton of money, but they do have fair enough collectability and the larger 2 RM coin is decent silver weight, if nothing else! Now, you need the rest of the types for your collection(and there's a Good number more,but this little group is a good start!) And then, there's always Paper money....and occupied Countries coins and currency...and military and camp issues...and...lol It's an interesting and not all that costly collecting field!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

That's right it's an interesting field to collect, I have a heap of German coins, both ww1 and ww2. There are some special dates to look out for both pre war, during and postwar. I am luck enough to have afew of them as well. Best thing about them is they are cheap and postage is practically nothing!

Jason

thanks guys going to buy some more
    do you have any good reference sits or books on the subjects

For me I use a website Coins of the Nazi German Third Reich from luckylukeonline

Some great info and coins to buy, plus he is a nice bloke. Will give your heads up on some of the one to look out for to.

Cheers
    Jason

If you're looking for a Type set to assemble of German Nazi-era coins you'll need the following:
    Bronze 1,2,5,and 10 Pfenning coins. (which you've already got).

An ugly aluminum 50 Pfenning both with and without the swastika (the 1935 had no swastika)

A smaller Nickel 50 Pfennings also without swastika.

A much rarer Nickel 50 Pfenning With a swastika(from 1938-39 only).

Also, a set of 1,5 and 10 Pfennings in zink. (They eliminated the 2 Pfenning denomination)

A 1 RM coin in nickel. (These had no swastika and were eliminated once the war got going)

Then, you get into the Silver coinages.
    There was a 2 and a 5RM Hindenburg coin with eagle and swastika
    A 1935 5RM Hindenburg without a swastika.
    In 1934 they made a few commemoratives too-one for the Potsdam Church in 2 varieties-one with the date by the Church steeple and one without. Both in 5RM denomination.
    And, lastly, and most costly, in 1933 and 1934, they made a couple of circulating silver commemoratives(in both 2+5RM) In 1933, it featured Martin Luther and in 1934, it had Friedrich Schiller on them. The Schiller's will be the toughest of the bunch to pick up-and the priciest.
    I'm just going from off my head, but I Think that's about all the list that you'll need to hunt for. There Was, in 1940, a couple of Army Issue coins-a 5 and a 10 Pfenning zink coin with a large swastika on one side and a handsome eagle on the other and, oddly enough, they both were made with a Hole in the center of them(to help keep them from being mixed up with civilian coins). They, too, are kind of pricey, but not terribly so, and well worth looking for.
    William

Default Re: nazi coin's

really thanks guys for all the info been so helpfull

and other sits to buy from or just ebay

I go to coin dealers. They usually have a bin with heaps of non-silver
    coins in them for .25 cents each - if you're lucky, you might find
    a few Nazi era coins in the pile.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Steve is absolutely right. Most all coin dealers have what they refer to as a foreign coin junk box-usually a bin of all sorts of different age and countries coins that are not heavily collected and are, what they consider, of little value to them. I've found many nice coins(some even of not too small of value) in these bins and there are almost Always Nazi era or WWII coins in them that can be had for little of nothing. Well worth a checking over!
    William

Default A smaller Nickel 50 Pfennings also without swastika???

A smaller Nickel 50 Pfennings also without swastika?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast