Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help with Binoculars

Article about: I have a pair of BLC 8x60 Binoculars. Has the German insignia with a M on one side and IV/1 on other with M.S.S 1943 inscription. Received from a family member who I was told was in the Merc

ob1duncan
    ?

Default Need Help with Binoculars

I have a pair of BLC 8x60 Binoculars. Has the German insignia with a M on one side and IV/1 on other with M.S.S 1943 inscription. Received from a family member who I was told was in the Merchant Marines during WW2. Any information on them and possible value would be appreciated. I know the BLC correlates to Carl Zeiss but that is about it.
    Need Help with BinocularsNeed Help with BinocularsNeed Help with BinocularsNeed Help with BinocularsNeed Help with Binoculars

2. # ADS

kriegsmarine issue bino's.

Harry is of course correct, these are Navy/Kriegsmarine-marked binoculars...well done, a nice addition to any collection...
    cheers, Glenn

ob1duncan
    ?

Thank you guys for the help. Any idea what the M.S.S. stands for? Also, i have looked at several other pairs and the german insignia was not preesent. Is there a significance to the insignia being present?

Nice set M S S is for marine signal station,what are they like clear or cloudy? Do they have a line in the left side?

Default german benoculars

Need Help with BinocularsNeed Help with BinocularsNeed Help with BinocularsNeed Help with Binocularsneed help with these bonoculars

Hi,
    they are made by leitz,around 1942-43 for the german navy,(kriegsmarine),carried on anything from uboats to battleships.i hope this helps,oh the KF is the lubricant used in them and the T means they have coated optics

so they are not fake then

no no definitely not,they should have on the right shoulder an eagle over a swastika,( only naval binos had this mark),whether this is still present or not ( some were removed after the war) it is still a genuine binocular from ww2

yes its covered over as its for sale

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast