Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with WW2 era pocket watch (vet captured)

Article about: Hi all. This is well outside of my area of expertise so I'm hoping someone here can help. This pocket watch is in a lot of WW2 vet captured items returned from the war. I'm trying to underst

?

Default Need help with WW2 era pocket watch (vet captured)

Hi all.

This is well outside of my area of expertise so I'm hoping someone here can help.

This pocket watch is in a lot of WW2 vet captured items returned from the war. I'm trying to understand more about it, including its estimated value, so that I can accurately price the lot to include the watch. I'd like to keep everything together versus separating out the watch and only buying the military related items. Any help understanding the history behind the watch as well as a rough value is appreciated.

There are some manufacturers stamps on the inside cover, as well as a 6-digit number scratched into the lower right quadrant of the inside cover. It is faint, but reads, "614530".

NOTE: The paper you see in the first photo was inside the watch cover, put there by either the vet or perhaps even the original German owner.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with WW2 era pocket watch (vet captured)
    P
    Many

?

Have you tried to look up "Beaucourt" as I did ?? Interesting watch. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with WW2 era pocket watch (vet captured)  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

imo just another looted family heirloom,not military.

?

Gwar, thanks for the quick reply.

I did Google the manufacturer, and reviewed some of the results. However, though I am certainly no expert on pocket watches as I stated, I do realize there are small intricacies with them (as with many things) that may make one stand out over the other. For example, the hallmark stamp on the inside cover and the hand etched 6-digit number, the paper with the writing on it. I'm simply asking if there is anything about this watch that makes it stand out based on this specific watch.

Harryamb2, with respect, is that a guess or do you have experience with military (and non military) pocket watches? I see you post a lot on the forum with simple 5 - 10 word replies so I want to be sure you know what you're talking about. Could you elaborate please with specifics about why you feel this is just a looted family heirloom? By the way, I'm not doubting that it is exactly that, a simply pocket watch taken from a soldier or even a home during the way, but please back up your statement with more details if you don't mind.

?

You could try to contact "Japy" directly with the serial # and inquire as to worth / value...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "